Filed chapter 7 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed chapter 7 today

Holy smokes I made it to this point! Thank you guys for all the kind words and support over the last several months!

“Man does not simply exist, but always decides what his existence will be, what he will become in the next moment.” -Viktor Frankl

Congratulations on taking that BIG step! How are you and your family doing?
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Blackgoose! Seriously... you've made an important step and your fresh start should be well on it's way now! I hope this post finds you and your family doing well.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes...GRATZ on making the big step. If you're like me, it was such a stressful decision, but such a relief when it was done. I just filed two days ago. Good luck...hope it goes smoothly for you!!

DM

Comment

YAY BG!!!
          You have come a loooooong way since we first met you here.
          Good luck on your fresh start.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I've been wondering about you - congrats! Doesn't it feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders?
            Jessica
            Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
            Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys! You all have been such a rock!

We are turning in both of our cars since they are in my name and we owe on over $15K on both. My wife is working a couple days a week. Makes maybe $80 a week and has a 780 FICO. I'm the one working and cant put it in my name. Anyone ever had this challange and been able to get a loan for a car?

Thanks guys

Comment

Congrats on moving forward! Once you file you should start rec'g several offers in the mail (yeah can you believe it) for car loans. Granted the interest rate will be up there a bit but we recd at least 6 or 7 offers in the 2 weeks following the filing. Crazy as it sounds you probably have a better chance at getting something now than you did prior to filing.

Comment

Blackgoose, this is grand news to read. I remember how desperate you were when you first found our site... and then it went down hard. We worried until the site went back up and we heard from you.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

So glad to hear about how things are going with you BG. I also remember when you found us and things were not going well....understatement....
                      i remember waking up in the middle of the night worried about you when we all lost contact. So happy for you. Hugs to you and fam!!
                      Last edited by oregonpilot; 02-22-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: typos
                      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
                        Congrats on moving forward! Once you file you should start rec'g several offers in the mail (yeah can you believe it) for car loans. Granted the interest rate will be up there a bit but we recd at least 6 or 7 offers in the 2 weeks following the filing. Crazy as it sounds you probably have a better chance at getting something now than you did prior to filing.
                        We also got a bunch more after discharge.
                        Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X