No announcement yet.

Can I pay this debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, by your post about not knowing about the gym charges and then the friend you owe money to but possibly want to pay that debt outside of bankruptcy, it did not sound like either was listed. Rereading the other responses it looks like other posters thought the same thing.

So you did list both debts on your forms?

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
      Sorry, by your post about not knowing about the gym charges and then the friend you owe money to but possibly want to pay that debt outside of bankruptcy, it did not sound like either was listed. Rereading the other responses it looks like other posters thought the same thing.

So you did list both debts on your forms?
      I listed everything I was supposed to list. There's no reason to try to hide a $100 debt to a gym.

I didn't even think about it before, but the $300 loan is not "mine" when talking about the bankruptcy. It's my husbands loan, he borrowed money from a friend at work for car parts. I'm filing alone since we have no joint debt. So I guess/think that loan wouldn't go on my forms anyway. I'll ask my attorney about it when I see him on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTea31 View Post
        I listed everything I was supposed to list. There's no reason to try to hide a $100 debt to a gym.

I didn't even think about it before, but the $300 loan is not "mine" when talking about the bankruptcy. It's my husbands loan, he borrowed money from a friend at work for car parts. I'm filing alone since we have no joint debt. So I guess/think that loan wouldn't go on my forms anyway. I'll ask my attorney about it when I see him on Tuesday.
        Awww, Tom, no one is jumping on you... they/I just don't want anything to jeopardize your bankruptcy filing. I just feel like you are really upset and I wanted you to know this.

So are you filing this coming week? I know you will glad to have the actual act of filing behind you.

Hang on, Sloopy - Sloopy hang on!!!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Since you are filing alone, then you do not need to list this loan from a friend. These things were not clear in reading your earlier postings. Do make sure you double-check with your attorney. He will be the person best able to advise you about your local BK Court, local court rules, and your particular trustees.

Good luck to you!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            Since you are filing alone, then you do not need to list this loan from a friend. These things were not clear in reading your earlier postings. Do make sure you double-check with your attorney. He will be the person best able to advise you about your local BK Court, local court rules, and your particular trustees.

Good luck to you!
            That's my bad. I've always considered loans as both of ours, and since I work now, and I make more than him, I told him I'd pay it for him

Speaking of me filing a lone. I did list our cars on the paperwork but 2 of the cars are in his name, not mine. I figured since we're in a community property state that it didn't matter?

Comment

Yes I thought the same, but all is well. We still love you. After all, you're part of the Family. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like I don't appreciate everyone's opinions. I think I'm just stressed this week with the move coming so soon and now the chap 7

Comment

Speaking of me filing a lone. I did list our cars on the paperwork but 2 of the cars are in his name, not mine. I figured since we're in a community property state that it didn't matter?
                  I think you may be right. Debt incurred during marriage for the benefit of the community is community property debt (at least that's the case under California law). All of my debt was incurred before marriage and my husband had no debt, so I'm not certain of what should and should not be included in the filing spouse's petition when there is community property debt. Tell your attorney about all debt of both you and your husband, regardless of whose name it is in, so he can decide what should and should not be listed on your petition. You pay your attorney so you don't have to figure these things out.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X