This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
    I think the people on this forum have a tendency to scare you. Everytime I've brought up something I've seen here with an attorney they just laugh and say not to worry about it. I think the trustees are looking for that person that goes out and racks up $2000 in charges the week before filing, not the person who charges a tank of gas or groceries by mistake.
    The people on this forum don't use scare tactics. Most everyone on here has filed BK. Why would we try to scare you? People who respond to posts that give advice that you believe are to scare you have either had experience on that issue or have known someone that has. You are right, some things may seem to go overboard but there was at least one person that had it come to bite them it the buttocks. Because we can't know what every trustee or district is going to do advice is given as if it could happen. It is up to you to decide for yourself if that is a risk you want to take. Over and over advice is given and normally the comment after is 'check with your attorney because that is what you pay him for'. No one on this site claims to be an attorney that isn't and even they always say to check with your attorney because they can't answer to your case. As far as comments about other things, they are only the opinions of posters who either have been on the other side or are currently living in BK. Take it or leave it. When a new poster contradicts what they have said in one post in another post, one tends to think that they are not being totally honest. Doesn't really matter to me actually as you are the one that has to deal with the consequences not I. So take what is valuable and leave the rest. As a side note there are also people on this forum that have had very bad advice from their attorney so keep that in mind as well as you do your research.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

C'mon, ksgirl, spill! What alternative did you use to buy your airline ticket? I'm bolding this question and making it red so you can't miss it! Enquiring minds want to know! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
        Kansas is the Sunflower state, Missouri is the Show me state....not that it really matters as they are right next to each other.
        oppppppps.........show me, sunflower shoot i'm in the sunshine state??? LOL!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Kansas isn't the "show me state." One of the lawyers I talked to seem to know the trustees pretty well and when I mentioned I needed to buy an airline ticket he wasn't concerned at all and we came up with an alternative anyway.
          personally, and honestly, except for those that really feel it is fraud, i also think it should fly, especially, if your atty knows the trustees. however, STOP using your credit card.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by ohiogal View Post
            C'mon, ksgirl, spill! What alternative did you use to buy your airline ticket? I'm bolding this question and making it red so you can't miss it! Enquiring minds want to know! :-)
            Sorry, missed your post. I haven't yet. I got fed up with some of the rudeness in this thread so I hadn't been back.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              oppppppps.........show me, sunflower shoot i'm in the sunshine state??? LOL!!!
              Kansas is the better one. That's why they refer to Missouri as Misery.

Comment

personally, and honestly, except for those that really feel it is fraud, i also think it should fly, especially, if your atty knows the trustees. however, STOP using your credit card.
                I'm not using my credit card so why are you accusing me of using it?

Comment

i have heard them take worse than plane tickets. and, for all i know, since i don't know what happened to them, the court could have worked something out with the airline. i just do know it has happened.

however, my feeling about it is this. i know people saying buying the ticket is fraud knowing you are going to be filing...and because it's for the holidays and so on and so forth.
                  but, it's a chance many take and many trustees don't go looking around for airline tickets unless there were other situations that presented themsleves as being questionable. you should read on this forum some of the things trustees took that really didn't have any value or they sold the item/s at a loss...i'm just saying i know you're from kanss the "show me state" LOL!!! (i have been in kanas and really do like it). hopefully the trustees are nicer out there in the midwest, however, i now one thing for certain here in the middle district of florida they are becoming a nasty group.
                  The attorney I saw today said Kansas is actually a really easy state to file in and very friendly. Not worried at all.

Comment

Sorry, missed your post. I haven't yet. I got fed up with some of the rudeness in this thread so I hadn't been back.
                    The only one who is rude is YOU, dear ksgirl38. If you don't like the responses you get, then don't post. It's that simple. You don't want to be told anything that you don't want to hear, so you are rude and argumentative back.

You are welcome to go on with your life the way you wish to live it and deal with your BK any way you wish to. How long does it take to get answers about credit card usage anyway? Certainly not four pages worth. This thread is now closed.
                    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-24-2012, 08:48 PM.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X