top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help from the experts; DO I qualify for Chaper 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help from the experts; DO I qualify for Chaper 7?

San Francisco Resident:

Pay Net: 5850 MO

Home Expenses: 4435

Credit Card Min: 1700 (80,000 owed on 6 cards total)

I am low balling the home expeses but I am currently short $500 a month. I don't know what to do.

Yes I know I am over the means test by 29,000. The bay area is so expensive to live here that the means test does not take that into account.

There is no way to tell with those numbers. In a bankruptcy filing, you have something known as the IRS Expenses or UST Expenses. These are set based on where you live, the number of household members, and other factors.

Try the means test at http;//www.legalconsumer.com and see if you qualify. Remember that your credit card payments are not an "allowable" expense since they would be discharged.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

well, with those numbers, you have other problems. I hope you have no illusion of keeping the home.

to give any advice, we would need to know GROSS income and the size of your household.

Comment

Please clarify what "home expenses" means. Does that include utilities and groceries? Car insurance?
        Or is it strictly mortgage and taxes?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X