Being punished by USAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being punished by USAA

My wife and I filed for BK last summer and we included a usaa cc and usaa personal loan in our bk. Everything went well. We were discharged in December and the case closed in January. We have even established at 3k line of credit with Capital one. One problem though is that I can't log in to USAA's website anymore, all they will allow me to do is use the mobile site. I called them and asked them if they could restore my rights to thier website and they told me I would have to wait five years or more before I can get back on. We still do business with them, we have our homeowners insurance, a car loan and thier auto insurance. USAA is just not bk friendly at all.

Originally posted by tsfranci View Post
    USAA is just not bk friendly at all.
    This is so true. They have a long memory when it comes to their members discharging USAA debts in bankruptcy and they penalize you for it. Navy Federal will NEVER let you have access back post-BK.

I have to use the mobile site, too, but it allows me to pay my bills and loans with them and print/view all my documents so I don't really mind. If I need anything I just call. The phone reps have been super kind and helpful - no judgment from them fortunately.

We recently paid off one of our reaffirmed vehicles and they sent the title release right away to the state (our state is electronic) and we got the clear title from the state last week. I mentioned this so you won't worry that you will have trouble with your car loan.

Hang in there!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Most credit unions are not friendly with BKs. Remember that a credit union is owned by the members and the credit union management typically take that to heart. NFCU, which is also a great credit union and VERY generous if you are paying on time. Mess up or file bankruptcy and they won't be so nice any more.

I just learned that some credit unions extend credit very easily simply because you are a member.... even with bad credit. This is why some credit unions require good credit to join in the first place, or that you have a special affiliation (such as Military).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Same here. The funny thing is that after they locked me out, I switched my car insurance, and USAA's representative begged me to come back - to which I said I would like to, but I need internet access, which USAA would not allow. I did let them get my homeowner's insurance as I couldn't get anything close to a comparable price anywhere else. And when I need to get paperwork, I have to call the rep to E-mail me the docs - when if I had the full access, I could do it on my own. It seem quite stupid to want my business and penalize me in this chicken fecal way!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
          Same here. The funny thing is that after they locked me out, I switched my car insurance, and USAA's representative begged me to come back - to which I said I would like to, but I need internet access, which USAA would not allow. I did let them get my homeowner's insurance as I couldn't get anything close to a comparable price anywhere else. And when I need to get paperwork, I have to call the rep to E-mail me the docs - when if I had the full access, I could do it on my own. It seem quite stupid to want my business and penalize me in this chicken fecal way!
          Your documents are available on the USAA mobile app. I can get my full policy documents, insurance cards and anything else I have needed from there.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I have my auto/renters insurance through USAA, and I also had my car loan through them. While I was going through BK, I, too, lost access to the site (but as you said, could use the mobile app). I reaffirmed the car loan (and it is fully paid off now), but the second the BK was final, my access was restored to their site. I now even have a savings account with them. I truly am sorry to hear about what you are going through with them.
            Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pikaroth View Post
              Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I have my auto/renters insurance through USAA, and I also had my car loan through them. While I was going through BK, I, too, lost access to the site (but as you said, could use the mobile app). I reaffirmed the car loan (and it is fully paid off now), but the second the BK was final, my access was restored to their site. I now even have a savings account with them. I truly am sorry to hear about what you are going through with them.
              Since you reaffirmed your car loan, USAA suffered no "loss" due to your filing BK. That is the reason your online access was restored.

Hope your post-BK life is going well, pika.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                Since you reaffirmed your car loan, USAA suffered no "loss" due to your filing BK. That is the reason your online access was restored.

Hope your post-BK life is going well, pika.
                Well, I suppose that that makes sense. Nevertheless, it still comes across as odd that people that still have accounts with them can no access the main website even if some other accounts were discharged.
                Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X