Question about listing personal property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg, how funny.
    My dh spends about $30 a month on hair which includes a shave and general cleanup. If he didn't he wouldn't be presentable to try to earn a living.
    I haven't had my hair cut in over a year. It needs it badly too. Last time I had a coupon for a free cut, waiting for another one of those to crop up I guess.
    I am often tempted to just hack at it myself.
    And I truly don't remember my last manicure. Miss them terribly.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I decided to look at like maybe he thinks I 'look' like I spend a lot on hair & nails. I haven't yet adjusted to being 62. I'll take whatever compliments I can find, however elusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
        I decided to look at like maybe he thinks I 'look' like I spend a lot on hair & nails. I haven't yet adjusted to being 62. I'll take whatever compliments I can find, however elusive.
        Excellent, I love it! Positivity rules!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
          I am often tempted to just hack at it myself.
          I've learned to keep it long enough so I can pull it back into a ponytail. I can go a long time between haircuts. When I do have a few extra dollars and my choice is 'get a haircut' or buy a nice bottle of 'something', guess which wins!

(My apologies to the OP for getting so off-topic.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
            On one hand, I agree; I wonder how often he questions a man's laundry/dry cleaning expenses. On the other side, I had a rather small expense amount for personal care, maybe just checking to see if I forgot something. Then, maybe large hairdresser/manicure expenses are a big issue in this part of New Jersey, or maybe an issue with the 'other' C7 trustee. We'll see.

ROFL!!! of course part of nj...that could be it. too funny. i have always done my own hair and whatever nails i have, i just couldn't manage, even working as a paralegal to spend money on that girl stuff...now if it's a rare plant from china... of course LOL!!! my toe nails were always painted black but not for style, but because i am always barefoot in the dirt LOL!!! in nj i had HUGE gardens and actually our bk atty should have asked about my plant addiction and was glad i wasn't asked about my hair or nails because i wouldn't have handled that comment with with such grace as you did Pj!!!

oh and me too, my hair is aways wrapped up in the air, that way only the roots need to get down right? LOL!!

me too, sorry Op.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Trustees do not come peeking in your windows or send someone in to count the cups and saucers. Unless you are in Central Florida. Or unless you give them a good reason to do so.

Most Trustees will accept a generalized categorical listing, such as "kitchenware - $150" for most items. Now, if your income went from $250k a year to $0 (and that is why you are filing BK) it would be hard to get the Trustee to believe your only asset is an IKEA footstool. Unless you have something that might be of questionable value to the Trustee, generalized groupings will usually be enough. They will ask for more specifics if they feel there is a balance of evidence that you are trying to hide something.

Sorry to say, but discovering that the "stuff" you own really isn't worth a damn thing is one of the hardest lessons of BK. It can also be quite liberating, as you learn to spend $$$ on things that have some actual value instead of whizzing it away on trinkets.

Comment

More good advice, thanks. I've never made more than $45K/year and I although I do seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years, I don't think I whizzed anything on trinkets... everything I have I can honestly say I purchased for good practical purposes. Most of it is still very valuable to me, but it wouldn't be valuable for a trustee and would not gain much, if any, return.

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
                  Trustees do not come peeking in your windows or send someone in to count the cups and saucers. Unless you are in Central Florida. Or unless you give them a good reason to do so.

Most Trustees will accept a generalized categorical listing, such as "kitchenware - $150" for most items. Now, if your income went from $250k a year to $0 (and that is why you are filing BK) it would be hard to get the Trustee to believe your only asset is an IKEA footstool. Unless you have something that might be of questionable value to the Trustee, generalized groupings will usually be enough. They will ask for more specifics if they feel there is a balance of evidence that you are trying to hide something.

Sorry to say, but discovering that the "stuff" you own really isn't worth a damn thing is one of the hardest lessons of BK. It can also be quite liberating, as you learn to spend $$$ on things that have some actual value instead of whizzing it away on trinkets.
                  really well stated. although i'm in the middle district of florida, we didn't encounter any problems although we know many have. you statement about one's stuff being worth so little is so true. i guess like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X