Day 67 and still no word :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 67 and still no word :(

Ack! I'm just bursting with anxiety and anticipation! We're day 67 from our 341 and we still haven't heard a word from anyone regarding our discharge. I assume no news is good news...

Husband doesn't want to check PACER because his point of view is that they'll get notice to us at *some* point, so no need to go and pay for information we'll receive for free eventually. But I can't help but worry about it, just because I'm a ball of nerves about the bankruptcy. We did file a change of address with our attorney who then filed that with the court on our behalf, so of course my mind wanders with the "What ifs". What if they filed the wrong address? What if I gave them the wrong address? What if the trustee wants money and that's why we haven't heard?

Come on discharge!!! Make this girl a happy, sane lady again!

Call the bk court clerks office and ask for your case manager and find out what's going on.

Comment

We didn't hear right on day 61, it was almost 2 weeks later...and then the closing came another two weeks after that. I know it's hard to wait but try not to worry!! And congrats!!

Comment

hang in there, ours was about 70 days, I went a day without checking pacer, then next day it showed discharged, of course it was the day I didnt check. It will come!

Comment

Ugh. I just checked PACER (because I'm impatient) and our court (Idaho) allows you to see the entries for the last 12 hours if you don't want to pay. I saw a friend's name who had her hearing an hour after ours and she received her discharge and got her case closed today. Now I'm really freaking out because we're nowhere on the page. I know, I know...I'm probably overreacting. But I just want to be done!

Comment

You are overreacting. First, the passage of the 60 days is the most important part. The actual discharge just "validates" that the discharge is in place. Never look at other cases to determine if your case is having issues.

As suggested earlier in this thread, just call your Case Manager (your Clerk's Office) to ask if they can look and see if everything is okay with your case or if anything is missing.

In some Districts, they do these discharges manually, so you may be in the pile to be checked. The 60 days has elapsed.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well...I *am* a professional over-reactor ;)

In all seriousness, I think I will have my husband give them a call tomorrow before work. I'm too chicken I just want to make sure that everything is kosher...that they have the correct address on file and that as far as we know, there are no issues.

Comment

Sounds like a plan!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X