Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few questions just checked PACE

I filled Pro Se 7/20/2012
    They gave me a filing number right then. Said they will mail the 341 meeting to me
    if everything was in order with the Trustee. Didn't say how long that would take,
    I really wish I had ask.
    I logged onto PACE today to check on one for a friend and thought what the heck.
    Checked on my husbands and mine.
    Noticed the Trustee just so happens to be one of the lawyers that has
    call and wrote us in hopes represent us for bankruptcy. (thought it was weird) Hope it don't hurt us.
    Check the fee waiver its says fees waved and Flags said Mensno , debted ..
    Proceed in Forma Pauperis

I am not sure why they write this out this way to where you can't understand it well and have to guess.
    If anyone can clear any of this up that would be great. Thank you...... I guess I should have researched this before I filed ..
    BTW I took screen shots of just the areas I am talking about if needed.

It's actually quite clear, in Bankruptcy court terms!

• MEANSNO means that you don't have the means to pay for a Chapter 13 (or your unsecured creditors)
    • DEBTED means that you haven't completed and filed your "Debtor's Education" course (Financial Management). Make sure you do this or you will be denied your discharge!

Proceed in Forma Pauperis, simply means that you can't afford the fees, so they are waived and your case can proceed. You will not need to pay the filing fee.

Your Notice of Bankruptcy with the 341 meeting date should also be in PACER. Just look for a docket entry (document) by that name "Notice of Bankruptcy".

Aside from that, I hope that your paperwork is all in order. I have some concern that you do not understand the process. Were you able to purchase or borrow the Nolo guidebook to help you? How did you complete all your paperwork?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X