Can I join the club................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    this is exactly why we came to florida!!!

in nj our heat bill was $600 monthly and our electric as $500 respectively. and!! our house was approx 35 years old and well maintained. it was just the costs were crazy. we had oil heat and it was so expensive it was ridiculous! now our total monthly expenses including mortgage are about the same as just our utility bills were in the northeast.

just another note about the oil bill, we kept our house at 63 NOT 75 during the winter months and worn a ton of clothing that didn't help that much. its so expensive to live there because of the cold in the winter and the terrible heat in the summer. i wish you the best pam, with it all!!
    Thanks tobee and Florida is looking quite good right now

Comment

Congratulations Pam!

I remember riding past those old beautiful homes in Pa. when we lived in So. NJ & always wished that we lived in one, never thinking of the high cost of fuel. Now in Eastern, NC, we are on a monthly budget for electric & gas for $180/mo. We keep the air on 79 and in Winter heat on 68. We also have a wood fireplace that I use all Winter.

We too were used to having a well in NJ and absolutely loved it.. Here our water and sewer averages $55/60 a month. We learned very fast when we moved own here and had an outrageous water bill the first month because of watering the lawn. Our neighbors told us if God wanted the grass to be green he will make it rain, and boy has it been raining here this year---& the grass is a beautiful green.
      Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

pam, florida is really nice...ceptin there is NO FOOD here!!! no pizza, only chain restaurants in our area. really stinks. i miss food now i have to cook all the time and don't EVEN try to get a piece of beef here, it will be a sorry day!

sammie, i SO miss our FREE nice clear fresh cool well water i still can't believe our water bill last summer for that one month. and, me too, i LOVE those old beautiful homes, but can't even think about what the cost is to keep them up, although pam has given us a clue.

we have had a ton of rain here this year as well. when we moved here to florida they told us this was the rainy season, but up until this year i could count on one hand how many rainy days we had. now it's been at least a shower a day almost for the past month or so. it's been GREAT! so i think God wants my grass green
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          pam, florida is really nice...ceptin there is NO FOOD here!!! no pizza, only chain restaurants in our area. really stinks. i miss food now i have to cook all the time and don't EVEN try to get a piece of beef here, it will be a sorry day!

sammie, i SO miss our FREE nice clear fresh cool well water i still can't believe our water bill last summer for that one month. and, me too, i LOVE those old beautiful homes, but can't even think about what the cost is to keep them up, although pam has given us a clue.

we have had a ton of rain here this year as well. when we moved here to florida they told us this was the rainy season, but up until this year i could count on one hand how many rainy days we had. now it's been at least a shower a day almost for the past month or so. it's been GREAT! so i think God wants my grass green

No Pizza or beef Don't think I'm moving there to soon then. We also have well water and public sewer.

I love my old house it has tons of history there still is a place in the basement where during prohibition they hid the booze. In the attic we still have the original hotel doors hanging where there used to be rooms. I have the original bar in my one living room which is huge. I have two of everything kitchens, living rooms six bedrooms a lot of history but very expensive upkeep.

Pam

Comment

Congrats Pam!

Comment

Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
              Congrats Pam!
              Thanks

Comment

Tobee to add insult to injury, my dh profession when we lived in So. NJ? He was a Well Driller.Every 2 mos. now when we get that water and sewer bill, I have to hear the same thing, "when we had well water it came out of the tap at 54 degrees, perfect, delicious and no rotten taste". It was delicious and free!

Pam I can only imagine how many sweet Ghosts you have in your beautiful home.
                Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Hey Pam? If you have house and/or room pics (that you deem safe) I am sure that lots of us would love to see them!
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
                    Tobee to add insult to injury, my dh profession when we lived in So. NJ? He was a Well Driller.Every 2 mos. now when we get that water and sewer bill, I have to hear the same thing, "when we had well water it came out of the tap at 54 degrees, perfect, delicious and no rotten taste". It was delicious and free!

Pam I can only imagine how many sweet Ghosts you have in your beautiful home.
                    We do have one as a matter of fact her name is Agnes she fell down a flight of stairs here way back when died and never left. She is always the topic of conversation when we have a family reunion. She is a friendly ghost. People think I'm crazy when I tell them this but there has been many a strange things that have happened though the years when my grandparents were here then my aunts and cousins and now us. My hubby by the way things I'm crazy

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                      Hey Pam? If you have house and/or room pics (that you deem safe) I am sure that lots of us would love to see them!

Soon as I figure out how to attach some I will.

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                        Soon as I figure out how to attach some I will.
                        Let me know if I can help.
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Okay question for the experts just got our filing in the mail from our attorney and to prepare for our 341 gave us a list of question to be prepared to answer and the one has me concerned it wants to know if we transfer assets for the past FOUR years. I thought it was only TWO years. We did sell a 1990 Dodge Shadow for 300.00 due to major issue leaking oil rust all over the car back in May 2010. The person who brought it was gonna use it for a demolition derby. I have no paper work for it due to the fact that last Sept when we had those floods her in Pa our roof leaked into the one room where we keep all paperwork stored and everything was destroyed so it got tossed never thinking we would need it again. UGH can't anything over go easy.

Okay I'm breathing real steady to or trying to.

PAM

Comment

... a 1990 Dodge Shadow for 300.00...
                            Not an expert here, but a twenty year old car is not a major asset, and it was not given away or sold to an insider, chill.

Comment

Originally posted by kawh View Post
                              Not an expert here, but a twenty year old car is not a major asset, and it was not given away or sold to an insider, chill.

Trying to chill didn't think a 20 year old car matter much just took me by surprised when I saw 4 years instead of 2
                              . I also noticed when going over the bills owed that they included some they were paid off on Feb 10 before we even saw a lawyer and when we did we stopped paying on cc. It also included our Dr bills which I took back and said we would pay them as we wanted to keep seeing our Dr the lawyer said that was fine but they are there. I will email her about those things. I assumed when we have our meeting I tell the tt these things right? Pam

Comment

No Pizza or beef Don't think I'm moving there to soon then. We also have well water and public sewer.

I love my old house it has tons of history there still is a place in the basement where during prohibition they hid the booze. In the attic we still have the original hotel doors hanging where there used to be rooms. I have the original bar in my one living room which is huge. I have two of everything kitchens, living rooms six bedrooms a lot of history but very expensive upkeep.

Pam

can you send me some pizza....does your house have ghosts???? oh!!! i see you do..GOOD! can you turn it into a b&b??? have ghost hunters find a few ghosts and maybe you can get rid of your financial problems...now that's creative financing LOL!!!

sammie: my daughters in NC...wake forest. I LOVE IT THERE! wish i knew she was moving there . actually, her bills water, sewer, heat, a/c is MUCH cheaper than here in fl. sammie, it cost us over 3k for a system to get the chlorine out of the water. YUCK!!!!!! even i had to filter the water in my garden, i don't bleach on my flowers and plants killing them. and i didn't even see your comment about the ghost until now!! LOL!! GMTA!

pamkev:
                                Okay question for the experts just got our filing in the mail from our attorney and to prepare for our 341 gave us a list of question to be prepared to answer and the one has me concerned it wants to know if we transfer assets for the past FOUR years. I thought it was only TWO years. We did sell a 1990 Dodge Shadow for 300.00 due to major issue leaking oil rust all over the car back in May 2010. The person who brought it was gonna use it for a demolition derby. I have no paper work for it due to the fact that last Sept when we had those floods her in Pa our roof leaked into the one room where we keep all paperwork stored and everything was destroyed so it got tossed never thinking we would need it again. UGH can't anything over go easy.
                                yes, it was indeed, 2 years on our petition??? are you filing state or federal, it may vary???????? we didn't have a thing on our petition asking about 4 years back, (or i would have been in trouble). i wouldn't worry about the old car. is this YOUR atty asking or is this the actual petition?????? if it's your atty, don't even mention the $300 car. not that i'm telling you to "cheat" but that's not what they are looking for. it's more like a transfer of deed. but four years back i haven't heard of???
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X