Finally filed, but the "asset" value in pacer has changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally filed, but the "asset" value in pacer has changed

I should have done this a long time ago. It's nice to actually do a little planning on how we'll plan for the future after this stuff is done.

Question though. My attorney filed everything and marked that I'm an asset case on the petition. Up until sometime Friday or this past weekend, it said "Asset: Yes" in pacer. It now says "Asset: No".

What does this mean, if anything?

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered 100s of times; searching for asset yes no change pacer hasn't been helpful to me.

Maybe your trustee abandoned your non-exempt assets. Has the trustee filed anything?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Nothing filed from trustee. I looked through the docket and found the following lines (slightly redacted to anonymize this)

First: DOCKETED IN ERROR - wrong asset designation. 341 Meeting of Creditors Notice Sent to BNC for Mailing .

Then later: AMENDED - to correct asset designation. 341 Meeting of Creditors Notice Sent to BNC for Mailing .

The petition states I am an asset case. The case in PACER states asset: no

Comment

It sounds like your attorney made an error on the petiton by saying your case is an asset case and the error has been corrected by filing an amendment.

Do you have any non-exempt assets? If not, your case is a no-asset case.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

In addition, when I look at the original notice they sent out to my creditors, it tells them their deadlines to file an objection, the new one says Please do not file a claim unless you receive a notice to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            It sounds like your attorney made an error on the petiton by saying your case is an asset case and the error has been corrected.

Do you have any non-exempt assets? If not, your case is a no-asset case.
            I have things that my attorney said are probably grey areas. For instance, stock grants with my employer that only vest if I stay employed. Etc. We did not have sufficient exemptions for them.

Comment

Originally posted by lolasaurus View Post
              In addition, when I look at the original notice they sent out to my creditors, it tells them their deadlines to file an objection, the new one says Please do not file a claim unless you receive a notice to do so.
              That's because in a no-asset case, the creditors do not file claims unless it becomes an asset case and there is something to distribute to creditors.

Originally posted by lolasaurus View Post
              I have things that my attorney said are probably grey areas. For instance, stock grants with my employer that only vest if I stay employed. Etc. We did not have sufficient exemptions for them.
              Were the stock grants listed on your petition as an asset with a value?

Comment

To rephrase my earlier question: Did your petition show any assets with a value of more than $0 that were not exempted?

Comment

Yeah, there were assets, and my attorney responded to my email, and said that apparently they do that with every single asset case here as a matter of policy but that it means nothing.

So oh well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X