Borrowing money to pay trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borrowing money to pay trustee

Am I allowed to borrow money from a relative to pay the trustee for non-exempt property? I've been given a dollar amount, which isn't that much, but I don't have right now. I'm considering asking a relative for help, but didn't know if that was allowed. I'm less than 30 days past the 341.
    BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

The trustee doesn't care where you get the money.

Comment

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure.
      BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Yeah, if you had the cash he'd probably have taken it :P

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by stray View Post
          Am I allowed to borrow money from a relative to pay the trustee for non-exempt property? I've been given a dollar amount, which isn't that much, but I don't have right now. I'm considering asking a relative for help, but didn't know if that was allowed. I'm less than 30 days past the 341.
          Yes. as stated, the trustee doesn't care where you get the money (well, almost doesn't care...if you get the money from the sale of an asset or withdrawal from an account you didn't disclose, e.g. that cayman island bank account, that would be a problem )

Comment

Thanks for the answers, laughs and toothy grin...needed that today! Too nervous to even drink coffee this morning, that's pretty much a sin in this part of the country.

One more question please: he may accept payments over 6 months. They said it will "leave the case open". That doesn't delay the discharge does it?

Comment

Originally posted by stray View Post
              Thanks for the answers, laughs and toothy grin...needed that today! Too nervous to even drink coffee this morning, that's pretty much a sin in this part of the country.

One more question please: he may accept payments over 6 months. They said it will "leave the case open". That doesn't delay the discharge does it?
              DOES NOT delay discharge.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

We made monthly payments for a year to satisfy the buy-back for our non-exempt stuff. That did not delay the discharge, however, it DID delay the Close, which will only happen after the trustee has paid back the secured creditors with whatever percentage he deems that they are due. In our case, our major debt was to the IRS, so all of what the trustee got from us, went to satisfy that debt. The secured and non-secured creditors had to go pound sand, especially the medical provider that attempted to prioritize the debt owed them, above that of the IRS. That was a big no-no on their part!
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks AngelinaCat. I owe to IRS more than what trustee is asking for too. I see two creditors filed Special Notice Requests so they may be disappointed. I think I'll toss what little dignity I have left and ask for a loan. If that doesn't work, atty says he may let us do 6 months. But, at the 341 trustee said it would have to be all one chunk or deal is off the table, scary.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X