Fee dues: $25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fee dues: $25

I filed Chapter 7 over 2 years ago, I have not been delinquent or late with our secured loans. I noticed that our new monthly statement with Bank of America contains a 'Fee due' of $25 on top of our current mortgage amounts. I wonder if this fee is because of Chapter 7 and if this is illegal? I have sent off emails to BofA last friday and have not heard from them. I wonder also, if I have been paying this fee all along these years and has been transparent in the statement.

We, as well, can only wonder. You will need to address this with Bank of America if it is not an "itemized" expense with a description.
    Last edited by justbroke; 10-17-2012, 03:25 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Interesting... I wonder if this is part of the new fee menu that most banks are rolling out...fees for paper statements, fees for debit card use, etc. Many banks are experimenting with additional fees, just like the airlines do.

Let us know what they say.

Comment

btheme, they should at least "itemize" the fee and clearly indicate that it's a "PAPER STATEMENT FEE" or "MONTHLY DEBIT CARD USAGE FEE".
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          btheme, they should at least "itemize" the fee and clearly indicate that it's a "PAPER STATEMENT FEE" or "MONTHLY DEBIT CARD USAGE FEE".
          I agree. Or, more preferably, not charge a fee. But I have a feeling that we are ALL lined up for "death by a thousand cuts" from all of our "service providers" in the future. Fees for paper statements, for using our debit card, for using bags for our groceries, for driving a mile in our car... One airline I frequently fly is now charging different prices for debit vs credit card payments, as well as a "convenience fee" for booking a flight over the Internet. Should I care to drive to the airport, wait in line, and purchase a ticket over the counter I can avoid the convenience fee. What is next - coin operated oxygen masks?

Kinda reminds me of the old Popeye movie (starring Robin Williams) - the tax man following everyone around with a pad and pencil - "Twenty five cent walking across the street tax, ten cent breathing the air tax..."

If I had to guess on this B of A fee, I'd say it was either a mistake or part of the New Pain.

Comment

I bet it's for paper statements.
            Gawd I hate banks more every day.
            This website is for sale! phrealestate.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, phrealestate.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X