Very Surprised-Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Surprised-Chapter 7

We first talked with the attorney about 6 weeks ago. Based on our income, I thought for sure that we would be in a 13 as our gross annual income is around $111K with 4 in the household. Well the documents came in the mail today for us to review with a note to call for an appointment to discuss several secured loans (autos) and potential cross collaterization issues.

I started reviewing these documents trying to absorb all the numbers and figure out how we could qualify for the chapter 7. I get to line 25 of the B22A and a number of $4700 jumps out at me. From what I've read this field is only for taxes, not including real estate and sales taxes. It is an average monthly amount. I looked over our paystubs and we are nowhere close to this amount for our withholdings. And of course that attorney's office was already closed for the day and won't be in until Monday. So, am I missing something or does this appear to be an incorrect number? I think that even if this is wrong we may still have a $0 DMI but it would be close if this number is truely way out of line. Any thoughts?

My guess is there is an error and, on Monday, you need to address it with your attny. Instead of looking at your paycheck stubs, pull you 2011 tax returns. Find the line that shows how much tax you were required to pay. Assuming your 2012 income is similar to your 2011 income, the amount listed should be pretty accurate. Take that number and divide it by 12. See where you are in relation to what was put on line 25. Remember, this comparison only works if your 2011 and 2012 income is similar.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X