Trustee phone conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee phone conference

Just wondered what to expect from the first encounter with trustee. We are filing a ch. 7 asset case and have 341 on Nov 16th. Don't know if these are required in all states, but if anyone from middle district Fl. has any experiences they would like to share, would appreciate hearing your insights.

I have read about the phone conference, but I never had to attend one. I'm guessing that it's to insure that all the paperwork required for discharge and the 341 Meeting are "timely" in the Trustee's hands before the 341 Meeting. I guess it may also allow them to question you a little before being under oath. Your attorney should prep you for what to expect on the call, but the questions would probably be about the documents you provided and the petition... if any.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      I have read about the phone conference, but I never had to attend one. I'm guessing that it's to insure that all the paperwork required for discharge and the 341 Meeting are "timely" in the Trustee's hands before the 341 Meeting. I guess it may also allow them to question you a little before being under oath. Your attorney should prep you for what to expect on the call, but the questions would probably be about the documents you provided and the petition... if any.
      I went through a phone conference when I filed CH7 in FL. Justbroke covered it very well. The other things he talked about was making sure I understood what filing BK meant, and did I thoroughly review everything my attorney listed in my paperwork before I signed it. My call was made from my attorney's office with him present, and he prepped me well for what to expect. Number 1 instruction was: "only answer the questions, be polite and say nothing else"

Comment

Our trustee required a telephone conference one week before the actual 341. I don't know if other trustees in the same district do (Middle Florida--Jacksonville courthouse), but ours did. It was basically a telephonic dress rehearsal, with the questions being asked, were the same ones asked during the 341. This is to make sure we had our IDs, etc.

FF four years, and 'Hub's ex filed Ch7. She ended up with the same trustee. A telephonic conference was schedules, but due to technical difficulties, it never happened. She did fine at the actual 341.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the insight. This is a great forum with a ton of info, you guys should be very proud! Just want this to be over, I drug it out too long hoping for things to change financially, but just didn't happen.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X