Discharged!!! And very grateful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!! And very grateful.

Well, after all my worried, sleepless nights and trembling days, the days last summer when I was sure I'd have to face some kind of AP, not to mention the times I detested my attorney and was sure his incompetence would mean my case being closely scrutinized... I have been discharged!!!

Thanks to all here who gave aid and comfort during this horridly stressful time. I am so grateful for what I still have, and for the bk laws. And I know I'm fortunate to live in a state with generous homestead exemption laws, it would have been a worse nightmare but for that.

My 341 lasted about two minutes or less, I was asked nothing except general type questions like did I understand the chapter I was filing and was everything on my petition true and correct. Still, up to that point, filing a chapter 7 was one of the most stress filled experiences I have ever had.

One of the reasons I felt so stressed is that a few years ago when the credit card companies were giving out cards like penny candy, I did a few apporamas and exaggerated my income to have more credit available. I never dreamed that would come back to haunt me, I just thought it was going to help me over a temporary blip in income. Hah, I also never dreamed that just a couple of years later the country would enter this dark recessionary time that has lasted over 4 years now. So in spite of the fact I paid my bills faithfully and on time by juggling the balances back & forth among cards, up until a couple of months before filing, I was still extremely worried my old applications would be dredged up and used against me. But the deadline for objecting passed and I felt so relieved. I will never get into CC trouble again, I know that!

Maybe I didn't deserve it, but I have a court order saying I was "entitled to a discharge," so I'm thankful. And have plenty to celebrate this year.

Grats my brother

Before your well deserved Victory (traditional) Dance, I wish to tell a tale of fact. I now have no bills but utilities. My only debt is a 2500 dollar O.D. protection that I seem to run up every year. On the first of the year, I get a Trust retirement pay out. Last year a was bent on lowering that debt protection to 500. My lovely wife and the C.U. talked me out of this last year, in the event of "an emergency". Well guess what, I have been hovering that total amount again for most of the year. My lesson is that I have no self control on this and one reason I WILL NOT get any sort of credit card. That being said, after the first I shall again zero that debt and lower my top credit of 2500 to 500, which is controllable. This is called "facing reality. 500 hundred is controllable. I wish not to owe ANYONE a dollar I cannot pay every month. NOBODY will own me again.

Now on to the real reason I'm here. Your well earned Victory (hamster) Dance:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks ACH! The hamster dance for me this time, it feels so sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by kawh View Post
        Thanks ACH! The hamster dance for me this time, it feels so sweet!
        Yes. Sweet it is. This is not from me, but the Forum et al. The message above is from me. I see SOOO many here that cry about their Credit Score, and yearn for more plastics. Why? It's what got us here, no? Perhaps other circumstances in this economy, but Credit sells your Soul to others. I am near 69 now and we were land millionaires and had bucks big time. Yes it was difficult to learn other habits and values once we lost this mostly to lawyer fees. But we still have our land in a form of life estate. We have better values and have learned wealth is not in numbers of dollars. The cheapest of commodities. What counts is first, personal health, second family (personal health gone does not help family), Freedom and independence.

Now that many are starting their "New Start", I pray that they do not repeat those things that brought us all here. Realizing my weakness, it makes me stronger. Yes it hurts not to just "Get what you need (or want)" right on, but this is a different World for those who get a new start. Time to think different as it didn't work the first time. It only took me 64 years to realize this. My best wishes to you and all who get discharged. In God's love. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Welcome to your fresh start

Comment

Congratulations! What a nice holiday gift.

Comment

Nice. Great news.

I'll have drink for you too.

Cheers.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats kawh!!!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats!

And credit card companies are still passing out cards like candy, as you will soon find out. Except now the limits are lower, that's all.

Comment

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thanks, everyone. You all made it easier to get thru this and I appreciate you!

Comment

Originally posted by kawh View Post
                          Thanks, everyone. You all made it easier to get thru this and I appreciate you!
                          We all appreciate you. Now stay around and help others. Also, Merry Christmas. 'Hub

Comment

Congrats to you!!! It's a nice feeling Yes, please do hang around, I enjoy your posts!

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X