Means test ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Means test ?

Hubby has 2 separate weeks of timeshares owned free and clear. (bought one week 5000 by his former sole ownership business he was president in 1989 title in business name ) other week was freebee. Business closed in 1991. We have continued to pay mainance taxes each year 430 yr each. If the trustee wanted them , we would be glad. The Timeshare has 100 vacant forclosures for sale for about 1K, they cannot sell. I never understood it. But I guess people who bought them up north do not drive down every year anymore so they stop paying.

Can we claim them as monthly expenses since they are secured claims on the timeshare?
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Yes, you could claim the expense (part of the fees are property taxes). Most Trustees want absolutely nothing to do with timeshares as they understand that they are difficult to sell and take a long time do sell with very little chance at making a profit (with some exceptions like Disney's Vacation Club).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's good news, It is just a beach timeshare about 35 yrs old. We emailed the expenses to attorney this morning hoping they will count.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X