Another successful discharge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another successful discharge!

I only post here rarely, but I just got word that my ch. 7 was successfully discharged.
    It took me two years from my first consultation with an attorney to get serious and file, and then about three months from filing to discharge.

My case was a no asset case. There were no difficulties. I really liked my attorney, and he only charged $895.
    I was very anxious about the 341 meeting, but it proved to be very very easy.

If I can help anyone else in their process, please post a message here and I'll be happy to respond.

God Bless.

Dennis

Congratulations! Best wishes on your new start!

Comment

Great news on your fresh start

Comment

Congrats!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thank you so much!
          I think it's still sinking in. It's a fresh start. Now that there's a second chance, My goal is to learn from my previous mistakes and
          and not repeat them.

Comment

Good Stuff. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations.
              Lawyer - $3000
              Filing fee - $299
              Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations! So happy for you!
                Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Thank you all so much,
                  It's so good to have a fresh start. It's such an amazing blessing that in this country the founding fathers allowed for the possibility that people could wipe the slate clean,
                  if necessary, compared to Europe. We are so lucky here.
                  In addition, I do feel some sadness that I had to resort to this financial relief. I was always so careful and frugal, but the recession destroyed my business and there was
                  no other way out.
                  As many others have written, I should have done it sooner, before I used up my entire retirement account trying to pay my expenses.
                  In all, it was a blessing, and easier than I thought it would be.
                  If you're wrestling with whether or not to do it, go and have a consultation with an attorney and get your concerns addressed.

Comment

Congrats to you and best wishes on your fresh start.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X