Life Insurance and Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Insurance and Chapter 7

Can they cash in your whole life policy if you file Chapter 7 in Georgia? I have already talk to an attorney but have not turned in my papers because of the fear of losing my life insurance. I couldn't get anymore due to health issues. Thanks

Welcome to BKfourm.

You can find a list of Georgia bankruptcy exemptions at http://www.legalconsumer.com/bankrup...-law.php?ST=GA

But, you really should ask your attorney this question. Don't let fear of what you don't know delay your filing.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

DeborahJ, please check for a confirmation email and follow the instructions to confirm your registration so you can post to the main board.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by DeborahJ View Post
        Can they cash in your whole life policy if you file Chapter 7 in Georgia? I have already talk to an attorney but have not turned in my papers because of the fear of losing my life insurance. I couldn't get anymore due to health issues. Thanks
        Check the email address you used to register with this forum, for activation codes to validate your user profile. This will give you access to other areas in the forum. You will also notice that I moved your post to the Chapter 7 forum as well.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I think the federal code gives you about $20k.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X