Chase Auto Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Auto Loan

My car is financed through Chase, my payments are current, always have been and I plan on reaffirming that loan. I had a Chase credit card which was included in my Bk. As of today, I am no longer able to access my account online. I expected that I wouldn't be able to access the credit card but half expected to be able to at least access my auto loan. Does anyone have experience with Chase? If my auto loan remains current they can't do anything as far as taking my car, can they? My car loan should have nothing to do with the credit card in my humble opinion.

It is common for creditors to disable online account access to credit card and loan accounts of all types, whether or not the debtor continues to pay. The probably would have disable access to the auto loan account even if you didn't have a Chase credit card.

Chase can't take your car if you reaffurn and continue to pay as agreed. They also can't take it during BK without getting an order relieving the automatic stay.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I had the exact same situation with Chase. I'd always paid my car payment online. After BK I had to send my payments by mail to an address they gave me. Never received any statements and the loan did nothing to help my credit. Did that for a year until I was approved for a loan through Capital One Auto. Traded it in and bought a less expensive car. Now I have a loan that's improving my credit score and it's automatically deducted from my checking each month.
      Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11
      Any opinion I give is strictly that! I am not a lawyer.

Comment

If they want to be nasty just stop paying them and a get a new car if the loan is upside down.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X