i own three cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i own three cars

i have three cars that are paid off, i owe about $40,000 in unsecured debt, my wife is not filing, one of the cars is in both our names, the other two are just mine,they are worth according to blue book about 14000 i live in illinois should i go chapter 7 or 13 im below the means test i think? HELP!!!

I have a feeling you are just going to keep asking this q until you get an answer you like.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

If you go Ch 13 simply to try to keep a car you will end up paying a lot more than you ever expected - simply to keep a depreciating asset.

There are plenty of legitimate ways to ensure you have the basic transportation you need during a Ch 7. Simply stated, a Ch 7 is a snapshot of your financial picture which must, at that moment, conform to the federal Ch 7 requirements as well as your local Trustee's interpretation of your state's exemptions. And, bankruptcy isn't fun, nor easy to swallow. You won't always like or agree with the answers you get, but...thats how it works.

Comment

Please don't post the same question twice. It creates confusion. I closed this thread. Anyone who wants to add to the advice already given to mlmom5 on this topic, please go to the link keepmine posted.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X