top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me what this statement means on Pacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me what this statement means on Pacer?

Underneath my name and all the other information this statement is written:

"No statuses have been terminated for this case."

What does this mean?

How I understand it is that a status to PACER is like a 'tickler file' - a reminder to make sure certain things happen before certain time periods elapse. Terminating the status means that they are closing that particular reminder.

Example 1: Your PACER account may be flagged with a status to make sure you have turned in your certificate for your 2nd debtor education course. Once you turn it in, that status would be terminated.

Example 2: Your attorney forgot to send the fee along with your BK petition to the court. PACER could have a status flagged to show the deadline for them to receive the money before having your filing negated. Once the attorney pays, that status would be terminated because the flag was removed from your account.

Make sense?

If anyone has a better understanding, please feel free to chime in - I may be making this too simplistic.

Good luck ellis!!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I have never seen such a status on the main screen. is there a termination date (Date Terminated) under your name?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No. Just that statement

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X