Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Chapter 7 is straight bankruptcy, filed to wipe out all of your debts and get a fresh start. In most cases, you will be in and out of bankruptcy in 90 days, assuming that your case is filed and executed flawlessly by an experienced attorney. It is frequently referred to as a credit card bankruptcy because your lawyer will typically recommend this type of filing in order to eliminate credit card debt. It is also very useful for eliminating accounts in collection, personal loans, medical bills, and most other types of unsecured debts (debts for which your creditor does not have a lien against your assets). In most cases, you will keep your home, cars, and other assets, provided that your assets are covered by your applicable bankruptcy exemptions. If you are behind on your home loan or car loan and want to keep your home or car, you will have to get current before you file. If you are unable to get current and still want to keep your home or car, you will have to file a Chapter 13 repayment bankruptcy and repay your missed payments over a 3-5 year period.

Spam?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Got to be spam. There's a url in the signature field.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Spam yes. . .

But you would think a "lawyer" with 7 years under his belt would not have to solicit business from the Internet. No State Bar issues currently reported but I see them coming at some point down the road.

Des.
        Last edited by despritfreya; 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Advertising link deleted from signature. User banned.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X