Scammers new Porsche, possibly the last how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the point is that the posts presented in this forum do represent
    the body of viewpoints of petitioners (current/past/to-be). the posts to this forum can be viewed as a representative sample of concerns and issues of chapter 7 petitioners (past/present/future) [albiet with internet access] it is not like a scientific poll, it has more to do with odds over a stated time span. I think an example would be a poll that was held recently on the chapter 7 forum concerning Pro Se petitions. Percentage wise, that poll was in line with current opinion outside of this forum the last time I checked. while the body of posters may not be a representative sample of the whole population, (why would that be needed?) it is a representative sample of chapter 7 petitioners (over time) , again, with internet access.

Comment

Originally posted by djk
      Percentage wise, that poll was in line with current opinion outside of this forum the last time I checked. while the body of posters may not be a representative sample of the whole population, (why would that be needed?) it is a representative sample of chapter 7 petitioners (over time) , again, with internet access.
      No, it's a representative sample of people who have internet access that also log onto this web site.

Any poll on here or extrapolating data on here to try and fit the country as a whole is just plain silly. About as silly as people who look at the click-on "polls" on cnn.com and wonder why they don't match the "official" polls.
      Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
      341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
      Discharge: 1/12/07
      Closed:1/19/07

Comment

What is different about the people who use this forum than those who don't use this forum, and are we representative of the general population that filed Bankruptcy?

I would say one of the big differences here is that the people usually find this forum before filing (I've seen many many post from people saying they wish they would have seen this forum before filing). They are seeking education / advice / and an understanding of the rules.

Had I not had been in this forum, with this "forum higher education", would I think my lawyer was brilliant, or as I feel now, nice, but just average? I don't know the answer to that.

I would have to say, just my opinion, people on this board do not represent the general population, at least in knowledge of BK. I'm sure there are alot of people not on this board that know a heck of a lot more than us, but for the most part, that is probably not the case.
        Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
        Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
        Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by LostOne0069
          Any poll on here or extrapolating data on here to try and fit the country as a whole is just plain silly. About as silly as people who look at the click-on "polls" on cnn.com and wonder why they don't match the "official" polls.
          Just like when the world thought Clay Aiken has won American Idol based on everyone's polls, but Ruben Studdard actually won the show.
          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I think the differentiation of opinion expressed on this forum by petitioners would be linearly equivelent to the opinion expressed by petitioners outside of this forum. in other words, it is all pretty much the same if you discuss it here or at the local bar. additionally, people here not only represent the general popuplation, but "are" the general population.

Comment

Originally posted by djk
              <big snip> it is not like a scientific poll, it has more to do with odds over a stated time span.
              I am familiar with statistical analysis but confess I have never heard the term "odds over a stated time span". What does it mean?

Originally posted by djk
              <snip>while the body of posters may not be a representative sample of the whole population, (why would that be needed?) it is a representative sample of chapter 7 petitioners (over time) , again, with internet access.
              It is exceedingly difficult to extrapolate data from non-representative samplings. An example would be a review I did while at ASU with the department of Educational Psychology. Yes, I indeed had the pleasure of working with Dr. Gene Glass (the father of modern meta-analysis) at Arizona State University. The scope of the work had to do with Educational Policy decisions and the study was about pre-kindergarden educational programs (think Head Start) and the effect on reading ability and literacy in later years.

It was an interesting study, but the early intervention program that was used by the researchers was very close to an internationally recognized teaching hospital. Upon further review, it was discovered that the mean educational level attained by each mother of the subject children was just over sixteen years! That is an incredible achievement and indicated that these were not your everyday Head Start kids..Obviously the sampling was not very representative of the "norm" .. The data indicated that there was a high correlation between early intervention literacy programs and later academic achievement. It just wasn't causal. Quite honestly, any group of children whose mothers, on average, have advanced college degrees are probably going to read well if they were in a head start program or not.

That is an example of why representive sampling is important. You probably know that there are mathematical gymnastics that can be use such as applying Standard Deviation and Norm Referencing the data, but since that was absent in your post, I had assumed you did not do so.
              NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

statistical analysis,----------applying Standard Deviation and Norm Referencing the data,---------------- the differentiation of opinion expressed on this forum by petitioners would be linearly equivelent.

holly crap, I just want to bk Do I need a math degree?

fun reading though......

Any poll on here or extrapolating data on here to try and fit the country as a whole is just plain silly.
                agree with that lostone.
                Last edited by scammer; 06-16-2006, 08:13 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X