No announcement yet.

Mortgage Reaffirmation - is my lawyer bungling up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts are the same. If that was my position, there would absolutely be no doubt in my mind that I would not reaffirm!

Comment

Thanks TR and KS.

I honestly don't think that even if the mtg. co. had the right to foreclose they would want to, since they would be stuck with these repairs before they could sell it again!
      Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Aw Pizza... good luck!
        I get hungry for pizza every time you post :P

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

My house was built in 1941, not flat roof, but does look and sound a little like yours. I didn't reaffirm based on information found here. The box was checked on my petition. My lawyer asked, you want to keep your house, right? I said yes (honest). After 341, my lawyer said we can sit down and talk about why you shouldn't reaffirm if you'd like. I've been making payments and never heard anything from the mortgage company. The only changes so far are that there's a just a little notation on statements that this is not to collect a debt. Plus, I tried to ask a question about my new payment (changed a bit due to taxes) and they sent the answer to my atty instead of me. I had already figured out the answer by the time that letter came.
          BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Went back and reviewed the mortgage documents we signed (2005).

Nothing in there about bankruptcy, or 'ipso facto', or any default triggered by anything OTHER THAN not paying.

This may be good news. From what I have read, Wells Fargo and BOA don't send reaffirmation agreements anymore.

What concerns me now that I think of it is that we have an FHA loan. Doesn't this mean that FHA would pay WF back (through the FHA insurance) in the event of our default? If so, the "they don't want the house back" argument may hold less water.
            Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X