Crazy hopes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy hopes......

Can I go bankrupt w/o my husband? We have 2 cars in our names joint (we would reaffirm), 2 credit cards joint (would love these to be included in my bankruptcy), the rest of "our" credit card debt is in my name. Our home is in his name w/ a co-signer and then another loan with him and a co-signer. Would this be possible and then the house and other loan (with co-signers) wouldn't be an issue?? Am I crazy or would this be a possibility?

Oklahoma is not one of the 9 community property states, so theoretically yes. But since you would "love" for your joint credit cards to be included, why would you want to keep the BK separate?
    Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

So that we could keep the co-signer on our house and one other loan out of it. I am not on the house at all. Just my husband and a co-signer. So, Can I go bankrupt on all of my debt and our joint debt and he keep his personal debt?

Comment

I don't know for sure and someone else can give more info, but I'm pretty sure if you file BK individually, they will go after your husband regarding the joint debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Forthebirds View Post
          I don't know for sure and someone else can give more info, but I'm pretty sure if you file BK individually, they will go after your husband regarding the joint debt.
          Yes, that would be my thinking as well. However, 15 years ago i had 2 joint credit cards with my mom and dad 16,000. They went bankrupt on it and I did not. It did show up as a bankruptcy on my credit report and I vaguely remember signing something but no one ever came after me and I "technically" didn't go bankrupt. That would sort of be my hope for my husband and myself. I am going to talk with some bk lawyers I just thought I would ask to get some opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by FullOfIt View Post
            Yes, that would be my thinking as well. However, 15 years ago i had 2 joint credit cards with my mom and dad 16,000. They went bankrupt on it and I did not. It did show up as a bankruptcy on my credit report and I vaguely remember signing something but no one ever came after me and I "technically" didn't go bankrupt. That would sort of be my hope for my husband and myself. I am going to talk with some bk lawyers I just thought I would ask to get some opinions.
            FullOfIt, I replied to this in your other thread at http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...art-Chapter-13.

To avoid the confusion of having the same topic discussed in 2 threads, lets try to keep the co-owner discussion in that one. Thank you!
            Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-16-2013, 02:59 PM.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Moved by moderator to thread referred to above

Comment

Originally posted by FullOfIt View Post
                FullOfIt, I replied to this in your other thread at http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...art-Chapter-13.

To avoid the confusion of having the same topic discussed in 2 threads, lets try to keep the co-owner discussion in that one. Thank you!
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X