Notice of Abandonment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Abandonment Question

My trustee filed the Notice of Abandonment papers work. I am reaffirmed a mortgage, is the property I am reaffirmed supposed to be on the Notice of Abandonment list?

Does this mean I am getting closer to the end?

Thanks
    PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Originally posted by PhillyGuy View Post
    My trustee filed the Notice of Abandonment papers work. I am reaffirmed a mortgage, is the property I am reaffirmed supposed to be on the Notice of Abandonment list?

Does this mean I am getting closer to the end?
    I do not recall whether you are an asset case or not. The reaffirmed property may or may not be listed. It (probably) should only be on the list if the property was not otherwise exempted through a homestead or other exemption.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My case was an asset case. The date for creditors to file is in two weeks and the trustee already has the asset in hand. On the paperwork downloaded from Pacer, it lists the house with about 18,000 as Equity Claimed as Exempt. My attorney told me yesterday that this Abandonment letter was just to verify with the mortgage companies that the properties are being let go. And that the reaffirmation will 'kick in' once the case is closed even though I have keep the payments current. The creditors have two weeks to file an objection to the Abandonment of properties.

Does this sound correct?
      Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
      Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
      Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

Yes, it reads perfectly fine.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X