top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint debtor discharged, but debtor not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint debtor discharged, but debtor not?

My wife got a paper saying she was discharged, but apparently I have not been.

On pacer it says :

Debtor discharged: N/A
    Joint debtor discharged: 07/10/2013

And

Debtor disposition: None
    Joint debtor disposition: Standard Discharge

Objection to discharge was set on 7/10/2013 as well.

Should I be concerned?

Yes, you should. Did you file a bankruptcy and receive a discharge within the last 8 years? You need to find out why your discharge was not entered. If you filed pro-se, then you need to check the docket and find that document issued 7/10/2013. If you are represented, you should be on the phone with your attorney.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, I figured it out - it appears the financial management course sent the certificate for my wife, but not me!

Comment

You need to find out if your case is still open AND immediately file that certificate, like yesterday.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I don't remember if you had an attorney or not, but you can call your caseworker at the courthouse. Have your case number handy, because that will determine who handles your case. Ask if there is anything missing from your file that is needed. If there is, then you can handle it. I hope you have a copy of the certificate in your files, otherwise you may have to get with the company that provided that course.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X