top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following 341 meeting, is the only remaining hurdle potential creditor disputes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following 341 meeting, is the only remaining hurdle potential creditor disputes?

Just so I understand, having completed my 341, am I finished with the Trustee?

That is, he won't ask for any supporting documents, etc.?

And after the 341, the only hurdle remaining is any potential creditor objections?

Thanks,
    Steve

If the trustee concluded the 341 (and you would know if he didn't) then you are done with the trustee. You'll see an entry on pacer anywhere from a few hours to a week after the 341 explicitly stating as much.

You have two hurdles after the 341. One is what you mentioned - creditor objections. The other is an objection by the UST. If you didn't see the UST, then it is relatively unlikely the UST has taken an interest in your case but there's no way to be sure, plus some cases are randomly selected for an audit.

You have 60 calender days from the 341 meeting and then you're discharged, barring objections.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Just a quick question of clarification: the UST is different than the Trustee I met during the 341? As in, they are like a supervisor of the trustee?

Comment

There is also one more class to take.
        Lawyer - $3000
        Filing fee - $299
        Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

yup, completed that already. thanks

Comment

Yes, the US Trustee is like the boss of the Panel Trustee. He/she oversees everything.

Usually there aren't any problems. But another poster, purple8, reported a 341 from H***, in which after the standard questions from the panel trustee, the UST stepped with questions of his/her own. And this didn't happen to just Purple8, it happened to everyone else as well. This is NOT the normal happenings at 341s. I am thinking that the panel trustee in that district is a 'newbie', and/or the entire district is being investigated....
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't realized there was that additional level of oversight.

I'm thinking I'm fine, but still interesting to know.

Cheers!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X