No announcement yet.

ok guys I am new to all this have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks so much makes sense now. I just got my pacer up and running and have been following it on there. What does it mean if a claim has been filed also i see that it is a no asset case. I am scared to death of all this legal jargon.

Comment

When it it indicates a no asset case at the beginning, that means your petition shouls that you have no non-exempt assets for the trustee to liquidate.

A claim is what a creditor files so that they can get a portion of any payments made if you have assets to liquidate.

Try not to obsess over Pacer. If anything happens between now and your 341 that you need to know about, your attorney will let you know. Unless you hear from your attorney, go live yoru life for the next month and don't worry about your case except to make sure you show up to the 341.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I understand a little better now. Yea i do obsess sometimes over things so continue to pay our car note even though we are not getting statements?

Comment

Originally posted by okra77 View Post
          I understand a little better now. Yea i do obsess sometimes over things so continue to pay our car note even though we are not getting statements?
          Okra77, most of us obsessed and worried about all this. Thanks to this forum and the wonderfully supportive members, understanding the process, and managing the stress, is so much easier.

And be careful not to run up charges on Pacer. Don't spend too much time reading all the documents and surfing. If there is a document you want, download it to your computer and read it or print it out later. I think it's something like $15 in charges that you can accumulate for free. I was able to download every one of my docs (I was a simple 7 also) and I never had to pay anything.

Comment

Yes, if you plan to keep the car. You may even be able to get them to start sending statements again, but may want your attorney to okay it.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X