top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALIAS SUMMONS ISSUED AND RETURNABLE - What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALIAS SUMMONS ISSUED AND RETURNABLE - What does this mean?

Here is the latest,

been going through major med stuff, took all my energy.

also, I have been trying to get my ducks in a row. I did see 5 bk7 lawyers like you suggested thank you for your good council.

In addition:
    1) trying to get the tax thing moved forward, as I have an extension due in OCT. and have not paid in 2 years,

2) and was hoping to wait until Oct 1st for the obamacare thing to go before I knew what to do about health ins

before I moved forward with making a decision about a possible BK

3) and of course, saving up for the $1300 for the poss BK fee and filing.

4) however my plans might be for naught, as i looked in the docket yesterday and found this:

ALIAS SUMMONS ISSUED AND RETURNABLE - What does this mean? from lawyer with CC for 15K

Checked the E docket,

and this was issued 2 days ago in IL.

1) What does it mean?

2) What should I watch for as far a service?

3) how can i prepare If I get served? Next smart actions.

Thank you so much for your valuable time and good council.

CC offerred me a 40% settlement but i didnt have it, so i countered with a 20% and now their lawyers filled for the full amount.

What happens next?

what are my options? What is a smart way to handle this? What would you do?

accurate info below:

thanks you so much! here is the info your requested: All good council appreciated !

1st filing:

Activity Date: 4/1/2013 Participant: SLVNOMORE
    SUMMONS RETURNED - N.S. REASON: OTHER REASON
    Date: 4/1/2013

2nd filing
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Activity Date: 9/3/2013 Participant: NATIONAL BANK

ALIAS SUMMONS ISSUED AND RETURNABLE

IF SERVED, FILE AN APPEARANCE IN ROOM 123 ON OR BEFORE:

Date: 10/10/2013
    Court Time: 1030
    Court Fee: 6.00
    Amount: 15,000.00
    Attorney: THE ABC FIRM
    Participant: NATIONAL BANK
    Date: 10/10/2013 Attorney: THE ABC FIRM

Comment

Slvnomore, I can't give advice on this, but I guess this means you haven't filed BK yet? How is that coming along? Did you ever find a lawyer?

Comment

I did see 5 bk7 lawyers like you suggested.. thank you for your good council!

Comment

Decided against it or still working on it?

Comment

1) What does it mean?
            The alias summons means they weren't able to serve the first summons and had a new one issued.

2) What should I watch for as far a service?
            Not sure what you mean. Somebody will knock on your door, hand you paper work and tell you that you are being served with a lawsuit. If you don't answer your door, the process server may try to find you elsewhere, or may serve you by posting or substitute service depending on the laws in your state.

3) how can i prepare If I get served? Next smart actions.
            It depends on your goals and if and when you will file BK and whether you have any income or assets a judgment creditor can get at. You could file BK which will stop the lawsuit. You could file a response in order to extend the time before they get a judgment. Or, if your income is exempt from collection and you have no assets a creditor would want, you could just let them get a judgment.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X