question???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question???????

Ok guys here goes my 341 meeting is 10/1 we are a family of 4 and have one vehicle. Can i buy a vehicle from one of those in house financing places before discharge?
    couls i buy a vehicle with cash?

None of us can speak for a potential lender. All you can do is inquire.
    If you buy one for cash, be sure that the equity does not exceed what your state allows as an exemption.
    Whatever you do, be sure your lawyer is informed. You'll likely need to amend some of your schedules.

Comment

The general advice is to wait until discharge, which would be around Thanksgiving.

Keepmine, since he has a 341 date, he already has filed. Buying a vehicle now wouldn't require amending the petition because the event would occur post-petition. What am I missing?

OP, I'd really wait until at least after the 341 and even though, talk to your lawyer to make sure you're not causing any problems.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Ok talked with lawyer office they said my discharge would be between 3 and 6 months. I wonder why so long. And to wait till after discharge to buy.

Comment

If you are a no-Asset CH7, the discharge usually occurs on or sometime after day 61. If you are an Asset CH7, the length of time for creditors to object to the discharge of their particular debt, could be enlarged (lengthened) depending on the particulars of your case.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Ours is no asset. So u think 60 days.

Comment

Your attorney knows the procedures in your court. If he says 3 to 6 months, count on it taking 3 to 6 months.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Side note, and just my opinion based in nothing but my own experience, but I think you should stay away from the in-house financing. I know a woman who has no self-esteem, terrible credit, is too embarrassed to apply anywhere else, and she was driving a total beater for $200 every two weeks from one of those places. Right out of BK, we totaled a car. We got approved by Ally for a nice replacement. We surrendered another car in BK. Got approved by Toyota Financial for a lease on a brand new car with a payment identical to the surrendered vehicle that was 8 years old. Whenever you decide to pursue a new vehicle, go to the in-house financing as as last resort, I beg you. Don't be afraid of rejection.

Comment

ok so my 341 meeting is 10/1 when do you think i should try and get financing.

Comment

Originally posted by okra77 View Post
                    ok so my 341 meeting is 10/1 when do you think i should try and get financing.
                    You'll probably have better chances of approval and get better terms if you wait until after discharge.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X