top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get FMV apprasials in PHX AZ for items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get FMV apprasials in PHX AZ for items?

I need to get some items looked at and provide the FMV on them. so far a couple places that I have called will not do that. I need FMV for my jewlery and also by Handbags. Anyone have any idea?

Prehaps pawn shops that deal with high dollar items?

Comment

Handbags - eBay

Comment

Pawn shop. If you think the jewelery has real value try London Gold. If it is real high end go to Molinas. Remember, you want liquidation value NOT replacement value.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
          Handbags - eBay
          I disagree. As I said, going to eBay for pricing is not 'liquidation' pricing. The prices the seller sets is not necessarily what a potential buyer is willing to pay. Put an item you are considering the price for in your 'Watch List' and see if it sells or not.

My God-daughter buys storage units at auction, then she sets up a yard sale in the neighborhood, and I help her. There have been numerous times that she has had designer handbags for sale, and can get at the very best, $5.00 a bag. And if a nice, fat, black rain cloud comes along and opens up before we can snatch everything under cover, it gets soaked and then thrown away. We have tried to rescue the things and dry them out, but more often than not, they sour and then start molding.

I suggest trying some consignment stores in your area and see if they sell. And you can try Craig's List.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Handbags - eBay, check completed listings for what the items actually sold for, not what someone is listing them for. For expensive (originally) bags, sale prices may be all over the place. Compare the conditions and photos of the listing. It's not unreasonable to buy or sell an $800 bag for $100-200 (although I've bought many for under $100) depending on how desirable a bag is at a particular time. Unless you have a serious bag collection loaded with rare Chanel bags, they are probably worth less than you think.

I flipped bags on eBay for a few years, before eBay fees got out of hand, so I've done a lot of research on this. If the bags are truly valuable, you won't find these at anyone's garage sale. I can't help with jewelry, but I know my bags.

Comment

Just a thought, you can do an Advanced Search on eBay that shows only completed auctions - perhaps that would give a better idea of price. Make sure to print off the screen with the sale price listed on it if you plan to use that as the value for the bag(s).

This website buys used handbags: http://www.fashionphile.com/ There is a clickable link in the lower right hand of the main page. Click on the purse. You have to fill out some info about the bag and attach a picture and they will then send you an offer for it. IMO, that would be great documentation for the Trustee.

This website has over 300 'gently used' handbags with photos and the price they are asking for them: http://www.coutureusa.com/c-4-handbags.aspx Again, screenprint any of the bags with their prices for your documentation.

This site has a list of bags they are looking for and then (just like the first website) you submit info and picture and receive a written offer: http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/sell-handbags/landing

Hope this helps you! Good luck!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X