Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!!!

When I filed BK, I put down the original creditor in my filing. I did not include the collection agency that bought or was handling the account. I have disputed the collection accounts to show IIB but came back verified from Transunion and Equifax. I have a bad feeling that I really messed up. For some reason I thought that I needed to just include the original creditor. What can I do??
    Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

It was my understanding that you only needed to include the original Creditor of a particular debt. That subsequent Collectors were automatically included in the BK like an umbrella effect. That attny's just listed Collectors of a particular debt merely as a precautionary measure to prevent incidents like what you're experiencing.

Maybe I'm wrong there. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in for you.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Our Ch 13 lawyer told us we had to list the colllection agencies along with all the original creditors. Don't know if this is a state-specific thing (we filed in KS).
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

None of my accounts were in collection at the time of filing, however, a few collection agencies bought some of the accounts and are now showing ups as the creditors. On the list, they show them as "blow me collection company..or something like that" for "I should have never let this guy have this high of credit limit credit card company...or something like that".
        Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
        Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
        Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by jaura6588
          When I filed BK, I put down the original creditor in my filing. I did not include the collection agency that bought or was handling the account. I have disputed the collection accounts to show IIB but came back verified from Transunion and Equifax. I have a bad feeling that I really messed up. For some reason I thought that I needed to just include the original creditor. What can I do??

I am in the same boat as you are. I have a collection agency showing that I owe a debt that was included in my bankruptcy and I have tried to dispute it with equifax and experian but after the investigation the debt is still coming up as valid on my credit report. I don't know what else to do.
          Chapter 7 case closed May 15, 2005

Comment

I'm not sure what you are required to do, but I'm putting them all in. Even one where there is a chargeoff so that they don't sell the debt and have them coming after me a few years later.
            *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

A collection agency took over one of our non-secured credit accounts days before we filed Ch 13. We received a letter from them 10 days after we filed stating they now owned our account, they were aware we had filed bankruptcy, and asked us to fill out a form that asked for our case information. I contacted our lawyer - he advised us to ignore the letter and sent them an official creditor letter to ensure they can't ignore the creditor 'no contact' rule and also can't say afterwards that since they weren't officially notified, we owe them the debt.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget