Post 341 meeting questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 341 meeting questions

My wife and I had our 341 meeting yesterday and it went well. The trustee didn't really ask us much which surprised me but I am not going to complain. I read up on the three important days (14, 30, & 60 days) post the 341 meeting which means my sleepless nights are not yet over but I do have a couple of questions. I am unable to get life insurance because I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year but I am now 10 months cancer free but I still have to wait for 5 years to pass before I can reapply so I wanted to invest in stocks just in case in 5 years I get denied again. Can I invest in anything prior to receiving my discharge letter in 90 days (God willing)? I am not talking a lot of money because I have nothing saved and I am not hiding any money anywhere but I was going to try to deposit $100 a month in to my TD Ameritrade account and go from there. Can I do this or should I wait until after I receive my discharge?

Can my wife and I open a savings account now or can our accounts be frozen by the creditors or the trustee? I want to again reiterate that the money deposited wouldn't be much but I want to put money away weekly into a savings account with no debit card or credit card linked to that account. I am also hoping to pass my nursing boards soon and hopefully get a job in the hospital but can the creditors garnish my wages if I have not yet received a discharge by that time?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

PS The court sent my wife and I a letter with the 341 meeting information and sent us to the wrong room.........until our attorney found us. I sat in on a few chapter 13 bankruptcies and the trustee was a tough cookie so my wife and I were frightened so needless to say we were relieved to learn that we were in the wrong room.

joe, glad to hear about your remission...but whoeeeeee down. no stock investment until you are discharged and closed. we didn't get back into the market until approx 3 years later. one really doesn't need to wait that long today, but right now is not the time.

we cannot get any further life insurance as well due to cancer. however, after our 341 and not having to pay bills of course we started to gain a few dollars...which we kept under the bed lol! we waited until we were completely clear before stepping back out into the market. that's great for future plans. we now have a good savings as well as investments, but it was over "time" and not the day after our 341. i know this is difficult, but just wait out the 90 days and get your two orders from the bk court. those being, 1: your" discharge" order and then usually 2: comes a bit later which is your "closed" order.

and OH NO about the wrong room, you will chuckle about it at a later time.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      joe, glad to hear about your remission...but whoeeeeee down. no stock investment until you are discharged and closed. we didn't get back into the market until approx 3 years later. one really doesn't need to wait that long today, but right now is not the time.

we cannot get any further life insurance as well due to cancer. however, after our 341 and not having to pay bills of course we started to gain a few dollars...which we kept under the bed lol! we waited until we were completely clear before stepping back out into the market. that's great for future plans. we now have a good savings as well as investments, but it was over "time" and not the day after our 341. i know this is difficult, but just wait out the 90 days and get your two orders from the bk court. those being, 1: your" discharge" order and then usually 2: comes a bit later which is your "closed" order.

and OH NO about the wrong room, you will chuckle about it at a later time.
      Thank you for the reply and thanks for bringing me back down to earth. I guess I got overly excited about hopefully no more phone calls and mailings but we are not even close to being out of the wood works just yet.

Comment

My husband and I had our 341 meeting last week, and couldn't remember which floor to go to, at the courthouse, so don't feel bad! I didn't have our attorney's cell phone number with us, either. An attorney overheard us trying to figure out which floor to go to, and told us where to go. We almost ended up late to our meeting (we were the second one scheduled that morning), so that was scary!

I'm glad your meeting went well, though!

Comment

What are the 14, 30, and 60 day dates after the 341? 60 days, I assume is for the discharge, but what about the 14 and 30 days?

Comment

I can't post links yet but see the third sticky from the top in the Chapter 7 thread. "Hope this helps all ----- 3 Deadlines to Sweat Out after Your 341"

Comment

Originally posted by jbjints View Post
              Thank you for the reply and thanks for bringing me back down to earth. I guess I got overly excited about hopefully no more phone calls and mailings but we are not even close to being out of the wood works just yet.
              the phone calls and pit in your stomach is now going to be gone. no more mailings, no more feeling someone is breathing down your neck.

if everything went well, it will all be soon over. i know the waiting time is a killer. i must admit something. i forgot all about it, never gave it a days thought until i went to the mail box and got an envelope from the district bk court, opened it and what a rare find indeed! both orders, the discharge AND close all in one little envelope that helped change our lives for the good forever.

go run, do something to help get your mind get away from it. i worked on my garden day and night and did a legal work on the side to keep busy. i really got to the point ...what 60 days?? our envelope arrived on day 63. oh that! good. just relax if you can i know it's hard. never used pacer even though i know it well. just needed to lift above it all and begin to live again. you will too. promise!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X