Pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer

How can I check out my lawyers success rate on Pacer? Is that even possible?

Thank you!

In most cases, your lawyers success rate will depend on his clients.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

LOL Frogger!

I did find the Pacer thread (Sorry, I'm a little slow!) and I'm guessing after reading that it is not possible.

Frogger…..i read all of the reviews on Avvo website (i think that was the name). They were all positive, but not sure how reliable that website is.

OMG this is stressful! Am I choosing the right lawyer? How do I know for sure? Suggestions?

Comment

Is your bk overly complicated?
        If it's a routine run of the mill no asset Chapter 7, the majority of lawyers with a bk pratice should handle it just fine.
        That's why we suggest you interview several lawyers ansd get some specific questions answered.

Comment

Interview at least three. If one doesn't stand out for rational reasons, go with your gut.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Oh yes, I met with several lawyers. That was an experience!
            Its' not complicated case. It's a questionable 7. I'm over the median by 30,000 a year. The certified bankruptcy lawyer I hired says he is confident it will be a 7, but I am just nervous about all of this!! I am not cut out for this kind of worry! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by soscared123 View Post
              Oh yes, I met with several lawyers. That was an experience!
              Its' not complicated case. It's a questionable 7. I'm over the median by 30,000 a year. The certified bankruptcy lawyer I hired says he is confident it will be a 7, but I am just nervous about all of this!! I am not cut out for this kind of worry! LOL
              Our attorney had good Avvo ratings and we were well over median, too. He acted like it was no biggie and was super-confident. Looking back, it wasn't a big deal but at that moment in time I thought I would go mad from worry.

Three things people here shared with me: (1) Tell your lawyer the TRUTH about everything. (2) It is what it is and worrying to death won't change it. -and- (3) This, too, shall pass.

Good luck and Happy Holly-daze!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

OMG Valleyum, we must have the same attorney. He was sooo confident and almost guaranteed it!

And, like you, I'm going to go mad with worry!

I woke up at 345 AM this morning and had worked myself into such a dither I was nauseous and sweating! lmaoo

I am going to take something to help sleep tonight and just relax. It is what it is. I have nothing to hide or lie about. It just is what it is.

What could be the worse…..I get a 13 instead. Even with that, I'm debt free in 5 years. It's all ok!

Thank you!

Comment

LOL You are so welcome!!

Dang it! I forgot to list Frogger's mantra: "Bankruptcy is a process not an event". <--- super important to realize

Keep chillaxing as much as you can!!
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Please don't stay up at nights worrying about your attorney.

Believe me when I say that I have nightmares, I have NIGHTMARES! And I have DOOZIES!!

In the last two nights I sank TWO three masted sailing ships... and compromised a third....

If you truly DO have worries about your attorney, it is time now to address him/her to make corrective action. If you are not able to resolve your problems, then you need to address that problem and either reach an understanding with the attorney, or cut your losses and look for another.

You will not get any decent rest until you resolve this issue with your attorney--either in your mind or in the office.

Having said that: If you are the worry-wart type, none of these suggestions on my or anyone elses' parts will not apply. There is very little that any of us can do to reassure you other than do what you need to do with your attorney.

My very best!~~~~
                    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-17-2013, 05:59 PM.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I googled my attorney to get reviews, although you have to take them with a grain of salt. People get paid to shill sometimes.

What sold me on my attorney, other than him telling me that I could qualify for a 7 with some planning, is that he is board certified in BK. It doesn't mean he has to be good, but it does mean he is more likely to be good.
                      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

LOL about the nightmares Angelina! I don't have worries yet about my attorney. I'm just wanting to find out as much about him as I can! I did retain him, he is certified and I am definitely going with him. He's calm, confident, nothing seems to phase him.

I'm just worried, well, to worry I guess! This is a big deal to me! But no regrets! It must be done!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X