Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation Sheet

Hello,

I am filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. I am representing on my own. I have completed all the necessary paperwork, however I do have one question. I have a car that is on a lease. I am current and ahead on payments. I know the reaffirmation sheet is optional. Do I need to complete the reaffirmation sheet in order to keep my car? Or No because I am current/ahead on payments?

Thank you!

Is the lender requiring reaffirmation? Technically, a lease is a type of contract and you would not normally do a reaffirmation on a lease; at least that's what we do in my District. What did you mark on your Statement of Intentions?

Since you are the attorney of record, pro se, you need to reach out to the lender's attorney and figure out what they want to do. I would not suggest, ever, reaffirming a vehicle "loan" unless it is required. Otherwise, there is no reason to reaffirm a vehicle loan. Most lenders would allow you to ride-through (by keeping up payments).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X