top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car loan reaffirmation "disapproved" what does this mean???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car loan reaffirmation "disapproved" what does this mean???

My mother-in-law filed Chapter 7 in December 2013. She filled out paperwork to reaffirm her car with People First Credit Union and PACER says the reaffirmation was disapproved on 2/20/2014. What does this mean?

Also, her deadline for objection to discharge was 3/14/2014. Why hasn't she gotten her discharge yet? It's a no asset Chapter 7 and PACER still shows awaiting discharge. Is it held up because of the reaffirmation?

Any guidance/input would be greatly appreciated!

It means, the court decided the reaffirmation was not in her best interest and they rejected it. She has met her obligation under the law. All she was required to do was offer to reaffirm.As a result, she can do a ride through and keep the car as long as she starys current.

WHen was her 341 meeting? The discharge should be 60 days after that date. If it's been 60 days, have her call the court clerk and ask to speak with her case manager to see if anything is flagged.

Comment

I have to agree strongly with 'keepmine'. The Court saw her circumstances and did her a favor. Now if she can afford the car, pay through. If she cannot then she gives it back and is free of obligation. Otherwise, she then could be sued as the BK protection is gone. Tell her she has the best of both worlds. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Discharges often do not happen at the 60 day deadline to object to discharge. How quickly you are discharged depends on the local court procedures.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you for all of your replies! She contacted her attorney and he said she will most likely have her discharge by the end of the month. Glad about the car. She owes more than it is worth, but doesn't want to do anything right now about getting a different one. Maybe later on she can get something else and not have to worry about the deficiency balance. The payment is low so it's all she can afford right now anyway.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X