Can I start cleaning up yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I start cleaning up yet?

Paper work filed 5/30. 341 Meeting 6/28. Trustee files notice of no disbursement and no presumption of abuse. Post filing certificates filed 7/10. Nothing reaffirmed.

My questions are: Did I miss anything or do I just wait on PACER to update with my discharge info sometime in late Aug/Sept? Can I start cleaning up my credit now, making sure everything says IIB and $0?

I wouldn't. Wait for discharge.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Definitely at least wait until discharge. In fact, I'd wait until 60 days after discharge. Some creditors take longer than others to update their reporting.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Well, is there any harm in doing online disputes for IIB and Zero balance with the OP's timeline? My dates are similar and while some accounts are already reporting IIB and Zero balance. I disputed some collections as a test last week and they updated to IIB while others were deleted. Am I creating problems down the road here? Or just wasting time and and possibly abusing dispute process with credit bureaus?

Comment

I would wait for the discharge. I am already seeing creditors changing my account to IIB with a zero balance, well one creditor so far that was just 3 days ago...and today was my 341 meeting.
          I thought that was strange but who knows what or how these creditors do things.

Comment

Well, I have a lot of time on my hands and found an old post here where someone started disputing a few weeks after filing and had IIB across the board after their 341. I am one-month post filing and have already seen collections fall of my report and several accounts update to IIB Zero balance without disputes. I guess my main question is if there is any potential harm in disputing this early? I only did Transunion and a couple of Experian.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X