tattoos and B-enhancement surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tattoos and B-enhancement surgery

Are they considered a luxury purchase, what about B-implants? Any way to do a little pre bk planning on them? People transfer there student loans to credit cards to pre-bk plan, why can't I put a set on my credit card? I can get them done in Mexico for $3,000. Just wondering and wanting a truthful answer without someone calling out FRAUD.

The trip to Mexico would alone raise a red flag to trustee; see my response in your other post.
    August '05 Business failed.
    Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
    Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
    disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

We've had 2 events come up where we couldn't attend either one. We don't have a decent car that we would trust to take out of town, let alone across country. We would have had to rent a car for either trip. A funeral and a wedding, and we did not go.

We quit using CC's several months ago. You can rent a car on your Debit Card, but it will show on your Bank Statement. We did not want to have to justify to the Trustee why we did something so lavish as rent a car when we're filing for BK.

If you are at all considering filing BK any time in the not too distant future, you definitely wanna think in terms of what will raise red flags with the Court. Like BG said, a trip to Mexico alone will be like waving a cape in front of a bull. Much less having to explain the reason for the trip.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Fake Boobs yea, that'd go in the fraud pile. I hope this is a joke.
        Filed 09/05
        Discarged 1/2/06
        Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Originally posted by JeepMom
          Fake Boobs yea, that'd go in the fraud pile. I hope this is a joke.
          After proudly nursing two children both to around age two I have some serious issues. I have a hard time wearing certain garments due to my gravity problem.

Comment

I agree, I would not risk it whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast
              We quit using CC's several months ago. You can rent a car on your Debit Card, but it will show on your Bank Statement. We did not want to have to justify to the Trustee why we did something so lavish as rent a car when we're filing for BK.
              Is it really that bad, I can't believe you are not able to rent a more dependable car for safety reasons for a trip. Avis has cars for $19.95 unlimited miles per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby'sGirl
                The trip to Mexico would alone raise a red flag to trustee; see my response in your other post.
                okay, maybe I see a trip to mexico as unneccessary, if I do it in US, surgery is $7,000. I have that credit available on Citibank. I haven't totally commited to filing yet? If that one person can buy exotic cars and all kinds of other crap, why can't I do this one thing?

Comment

To answer your fraud questions, anytime you incur debt with no intention on paying that's what is considered fraud regardless of what it's used for. The courts mostly don't consider certain necessities that were charged fraud since bankrupt debtors don't have money and they absolutly needed some things like food, gas or a new suit or dress for a job interview.

Pre bankruptcy planning is usually where a debtor anticipating bankruptcy has some non exempt assets or some money in the bank that they can exempt to help with their fresh start such as repairs, food, fuel, etc.

If you pre-plan taking on new debt, then filing that's fraud. Whether you get caught or not is up to the creditor.

As Minny mentioned I wouldn't really come here to give or get any advice on how to commit fraud. If you want to roll the dice on your own that's your business.

Comment

Originally posted by brokemommy
                    Is it really that bad, I can't believe you are not able to rent a more dependable car for safety reasons for a trip. Avis has cars for $19.95 unlimited miles per day.
                    Try cramming a family of 6 into one of those $19.95/day cars.

And you obviously don't know about the 70/90 day rules. 70 days on Cash Advances and Convenience Checks use. 90 days on CC charges. Those are the Presumption of Abuse periods. You file within those time periods, the burden of proof falls on you. You file after those time periods, the burden of proof shifts to the Creditors.

Any wonder why we haven't used CC's for months??!!
                    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                    Discharged - 12/2006
                    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by brokemommy
                      okay, maybe I see a trip to mexico as unneccessary, if I do it in US, surgery is $7,000. I have that credit available on Citibank. I haven't totally commited to filing yet? If that one person can buy exotic cars and all kinds of other crap, why can't I do this one thing?
                      That's a flaw of the New Law.

The fancy, expensive car is Secured. And the New Law gives preference to Secured Creditors.

New boobs charged on your Citi card would be an unsecured debt.

Let's say you do charge $7K for new boobs and file within 90 days,....... You're gonna be a sure fire candidate for a Creditor Objection and a Court investigation for Fraudulent BK Filing.
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Closed - 04/2007

Comment

Implants and tatoos??!! Give me a break.

Guess the creditor can't ask for them back! LOL
                        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolAndHisMoney
                          To answer your fraud questions, anytime you incur debt with no intention on paying that's what is considered fraud regardless of what it's used for. The courts mostly don't consider certain necessities that were charged fraud since bankrupt debtors don't have money and they absolutly needed some things like food, gas or a new suit or dress for a job interview.

Pre bankruptcy planning is usually where a debtor anticipating bankruptcy has some non exempt assets or some money in the bank that they can exempt to help with their fresh start such as repairs, food, fuel, etc.

If you pre-plan taking on new debt, then filing that's fraud. Whether you get caught or not is up to the creditor.

As Minny mentioned I wouldn't really come here to give or get any advice on how to commit fraud. If you want to roll the dice on your own that's your business.

Okay, I am really focusing on your post and sinkingfast twice, I read that if I have no intention to pay it back I am in trouble????

But then sinkingfast posts those rules, that yes I am aware of??

I am confused???

What is missing here, get boobs file in six months, I have enough cash to get by I figured it out, by how much I am going in the hole each month.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast
                            Try cramming a family of 6 into one of those $19.95/day cars.

And you obviously don't know about the 70/90 day rules. 70 days on Cash Advances and Convenience Checks use. 90 days on CC charges. Those are the Presumption of Abuse periods. You file within those time periods, the burden of proof falls on you. You file after those time periods, the burden of proof shifts to the Creditors.

Any wonder why we haven't used CC's for months??!!
                            Sinkingfast I am focusing on yours and foolandhismoney, he says bad Idea but I am aware of the rules you just posted.

So this is a viable concept to bk after boobs six months later, what is the problem except if I get them with the intention of not paying for them????
                            I am hoping my husbands gets back to work, but in the back of my mind, judging the job market I think I know likelyhood of that happening. So I get boobs, hope hubby works, if not I file in six months, whats the problem????????????

Comment

Maybe bad kharma and a risk of having the trustee delve deeper into your case and denying the BK?
                              *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X