No announcement yet.

tattoos and B-enhancement surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW--It was not just jackets. It was their whole winter wardobes. I did shop at Goodwill, I was in a small town and the goodwill stuff was nasty.

Starting a thread like this you were just wanting "it's ok, do it" but it's not OK.

What I did was it ok? Eh, probably not but it was legal. You(old law) could purchase up to $1K of needed items up to 90days in advance. It wasn't a cash dash. That's all that was bought. NOTHING else. It's also below the $1,000/90 limit, I was well within the law.
    Filed 09/05
    Discarged 1/2/06
    Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Originally posted by JeepMom
      BTW--It was not just jackets. It was their whole winter wardobes. I did shop at Goodwill, I was in a small town and the goodwill stuff was nasty.

Starting a thread like this you were just wanting "it's ok, do it" but it's not OK.

What I did was it ok? Eh, probably not but it was legal. You(old law) could purchase up to $1K of needed items up to 90days in advance. It wasn't a cash dash. That's all that was bought. NOTHING else. It's also below the $1,000/90 limit, I was well within the law.
      Okay, I would buy into that about goodwill at a small town. No I am not old law, I am new law, yet too file???

Now go drive by the house you just bought you will feel better, before you push that bloodpressure up

Comment

I can't, too far out of town and I'm headed to a meeting.
        Filed 09/05
        Discarged 1/2/06
        Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Brokemommy - I think that it is more what the trustee is going to see as important. They are going to understand that your kids need clothes, food, etc. I think you would have a difficult time convincing a trustee that you "needed" a boob job.

Comment

Originally posted by brokemommy
            Why, It is just a discussion, and it is within guidelines, who cares what the surgery is for? Okay, I'll give you that.......it's within the guidelines of the forum.

Weight, cosmetics, whatever, it is a discussion??

Just don't open the thread up, and let us ladies talk, I think I saw a bango thread a little further down, check it out!
            For the moment, let's not call what your asking or talking about fraud, however you can't expect to come here asking or looking for ways to "beat" the system. We're just not going to do that. Not saying that we would be breaking the law and get in deep doo-doo for telling to go ahead and get the surgery and then file BK....this is a public forum and protected by the First Amendment, however one may feel that you may be acting unethically, and yes, we're going to bark at you for acting in such an unethical manner. What you're asking or talking about is part of the reasons for the changes in the law.........weeding out the individuals that rack up thousands of dollars of debt and never intend to pay it back. That is what we may have a problem with. It has nothing to do with wanting to improve your image and self-esteem because some of us can relate.
            Bankruptcy History:
            Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
            Discharged - 02/16/2006
            Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Well I learned plenty from this thread, but I haven't even filed or begun anything I just wanted to know some what if's. There is one post were the person has 50k of debt and wants to ring up another 50k before filing. Why didn't you really jump on that person? There are alot of post that make mine look pretty little compared to others.

Comment

I agree. I've seen posts like the one you speak of and maybe another member had already "jumped" on this member for it, or maybe I didn't see this post or thread.

Well, "if" is the biggest word in the dictonary and I'm not sure if we can answer your question(s) accurately. And just because someone found a way a beat the system doesn't mean anyone else can do it. Attempting to do so is a huge risk and the "what if's" only open the door of assumptions. We can only gander a guess at what may happen. On the other hand, we will make every attempt to answer any questions and/or share our knowledge........even if the scenario is "way out there".
                Bankruptcy History:
                Discharged - 02/16/2006
                Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Brokemommy,

I have been updating myself on your threads............. very interesting......

Your interest in this forum is the "how to commit fraud and get by with it" if I file bankruptcy............

Some of the members have already suggested what consequences you will face "if" you do as you are talking about......

Some members brag that have commited fraud "within the bounds of the law"..... and not gotten caught........

When you follow their suggestions and get caught, don't cry because your butt got sent off to a Federal Pen......

I know a lady right now that hide assets from the Trustee................he found them............. and not only was her case dismissed, she got 18 months in the Pen........... FOR FRAUD..............

Personally,

IF YOU HAD YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT............... AND YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT............. you would be considering bankruptcy to help get a new start in life for you and your family...............NOT A NEW SET OF BOOBS.............

This forum will not help or support you in anyway to commit fraud............

Not only is is illegal, it's also unethical.....

The bankruptcy system allows us to keep a great deal of our assets, our homes, autos, personal belongings, 401K's etc....... They could strip us completely and sell it all on the courthouse steps............ but they don't.

And then along comes someone like you and a few others, that WANT a way to commit fraud and file bankruptcy at the same time.......

Will the Court allow it, doubt it............... will a creditor allow it, doubt it......
                  even if you do wait out the waiting period........ The Trustee can go back as far back as he wants to check into your affairs..... its not just a 6 month period.... though most only go back 6 months or a year.....

When you have big cash advances or purchases on a credit card, they usually demand to know where the money went............ and what for.......

If the creditor doesn't object I'm sure the US Trustee will check into it.....

If your "boob job" is for medical reasons then insurance would cover it, or you could get financial help thru the govt programs. Cosmetic "job" is a pay yourself thing....

Deliberately commiting fraud (theft), and filing bankruptcy (asking creditors to forgive debts) is two different things.....

Honesty plays an important role in our society.......evidently not yours!!!!..
                  Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Minny,

I think I am being zero'd in on, due to the fact of the boobs, really sorry I asked. Have learned to not be very specific, read more, keep a little more to the vest.

I asked a question, just like others have. My $3,000 boobs would have been on one credit card, I don't think it is a big deal if I file later. Going to jail, for some new boobs, i doubt it! But remember I haven't commited to filing bk yet!!!

Minny there are alot more severe things going on then my boobs. geez glad I didn't say anything about the unicorn tattoo om my ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth
                      ..........I know a lady right now that hide assets from the Trustee................he found them............. and not only was her case dismissed, she got 18 months in the Pen........... FOR FRAUD..........
                      I have a relative who was about to file Ch.7 and when another family member suggested that he and his wife hide everything, I immediately jumped in (during a family discussion at X-Mas) and used my knowledge in an attempt to keep this from happening......and you know what........my family members followed my advice and stuck to the law and their case was an absolute breeze. They are now discharged....and without any objections or surprises.

So you see brokemommy, we don't want to hear of anyone getting in trouble with potetial fraud, especially if we had forewarned you.

I don't think it really matters how discrete you may have been, it was the fact that you were asking about ringing up charges, while considering filing for BK. Additionally, it doesn't matter whether it's $3K or $50K........it's still abuse under the BK Code.
                      Last edited by BassBoy; 06-27-2006, 06:25 AM.
                      Bankruptcy History:
                      Discharged - 02/16/2006
                      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

Going to jail, for some new boobs, i doubt it! But remember I haven't commited to filing bk yet!!!
                        First part--depends on how you use them. ;)
                        Second part--but have you commited to the boob job?
                        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I was not bragging about possible questionable purchases I made. I did what I had to do for my children. As a mother that is my job. The old law stated you could have up to $1,000 in needed purchases within the last 90 days. I had not even met with a lawyer at that point.
                          Filed 09/05
                          Discarged 1/2/06
                          Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Doesn't make any difference if your "buying boobs", "tatooing your ass", or "putting a fence in the bankyard"..............

If you spend large sums of money before filing bankruptcy with the intent of not paying it back...... it can constitute being a fraudulant action.....!!!!!!

Can result in dismissal of your case, fraud charges being filed against you by the Trustee or US Trustee, or cause a creditor to file an advisary Complaint and getting a total judgment against you................ You can be fined, and imprisoned....

The choice is yours...................

Be honest and straightforward with your bankruptcy and get a new start in life................ hopefully with no problems and maintain your assets.

Be dishonest, take you chances, and hope you don't get caught......
                            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

After proudly nursing two children both to around age two I have some serious issues. I have a hard time wearing certain garments due to my gravity problem.
                              If gravity is your problem, you don't need implants. You need a breast lift. Otherwise you'll just end up with large, sagging breasts.

As for a tat, well that would be a rather small purchase and "may" get overlooked. But plastic surgery will send up the red flag.

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck. But if your image is your problem, I'd rather see you spend the money on a good therapist. Implants will not fix your problem, you'll just find something else about your image you want to change.
                              Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                              Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth
                                Doesn't make any difference if your "buying boobs", "tatooing your ass", or "putting a fence in the bankyard"..............

If you spend large sums of money before filing bankruptcy with the intent of not paying it back...... it can constitute being a fraudulant action.....!!!!!!

Can result in dismissal of your case, fraud charges being filed against you by the Trustee or US Trustee, or cause a creditor to file an advisary Complaint and getting a total judgment against you................ You can be fined, and imprisoned....

The choice is yours...................

Be honest and straightforward with your bankruptcy and get a new start in life................ hopefully with no problems and maintain your assets.

Be dishonest, take you chances, and hope you don't get caught......

I don't think this (jail) will happen with the purchases. The adversary complaint is certainly imminent and the debt would survive the bankruptcy, but it doesn't constitute any crime. Only when you don't disclose everything on the petition does that constitue an actual crime that can cause jail time.

Taking on this debt is just stupid because who wants to complicate their bankruptcy anymore then it already is especially over a boob job. I would stuff my bra before risking an adversary complaint.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X