top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case dismissed without prejudice - Allowed. what does this mean in real life please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case dismissed without prejudice - Allowed. what does this mean in real life please?

CC BIG BANK trying to serve me for CC since 2013

I have never been served or even notified.

However when i looked up the case in the docket it said this:

CCBIG BANK Notice of motion filed 8/30/15

CC Proof of service filed 8/30/15 ????

CC Motion Filed 8/30/15

CC MOTION scheduled 9/10/15

9/10/15 case dismissed without prejudice - ALLOWED

1) the case was from 2013 and I was never served.

2) even thought It says proof of service I never got any of any kind. or notice even.

3) I was in a hospital as i had a heart attack and surgery during the last 3 months.

4) Does this mean they somehow served me, got a settlement or judgement against me, and I never even was informed?

WHERE does the term Case dismissed without prejudice - Allowed, leave me in real life? what does it mean?

Thank you so much i find this very confusing. and I can't afford the additional stress right now...

It's good news, at least for now. "Dismissed" means that the case was ended without a judgment being entered. "Without prejudice" means that they can still file a new complaint for the same debt. It sounds like the case was dismissed because they were unable to serve you. I can't say what the proof of service was. Maybe it was defective. Without reviewing the actual filed documents, you can only guess.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X