Creditor continues to send bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor continues to send bills

I filed Chapter 7 pro se on 5/31/16. The 341 was on 7/22, no problems, currently awaiting discharge and the 60 days is up on September 20. I received a second medical bill the other day from one of my creditors (I double checked- they are most definitely listed). I had multiple medical bills from several sources, including this particular group's parent company and have received no other bills from them. The last time I received the bills, I called and the lady was very nice and apologetic. She took my case number and the other details and that was that. I just hung up from call number two following bill number two and this woman asked if my attorney had called her. I told her no, that I had filed pro-se and that they were most definitely notified of the bankruptcy. She then said I would need an attorney to call and I would need to sign a release to allow my records to be shared. I about lost it at that point and reiterated that I had filed pro-se and that they were listed as a creditor. She repeated herself and I asked if she needed the case number again. She said she did not and got snotty with me. We hung up and here I am. I am intending to call back but was hoping someone could give me some magic words or advice on how to proceed. I am thinking a letter in addition to another call are in order but would welcome any assistance on this.

I called them back later in the day and spoke to a different person. although nicer, she just kept saying it would "take a while to show up as a zero balance". I explained that they weren't even supposed to be sending me bills and that the bankruptcy wasn't discharged yet. She said that was their biller's responsibility. I requested their number and she transferred me. I explained the situation and she said she didn't know why it was happening because there was a warning noted on their computer. She talked to her supervisor, who told her to put a 6 month hold on it. I am hoping that means that when they get the notice of discharge they will delete it and I don't have to go through this again in February. It was a little surprising how little the people in the billing department know about bankruptcy, considering they deal with it daily.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X