Collection Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection Tactics

this may be an old post. but if you can get the collectors address i look em up on google maps and street views. you would be amazed at how many empty lots and abandon buildings i have found due to fake debt collectors!!! then i would look while i was on the phone with em not tell them i am looking then once i found the address i would confront them if there was an empty lot with an abandon building.. that shuts em up real fast when you call em a liar

Originally posted by TooMuchCredit View Post
    There is a certain very large credit union, that despite occasionally answering their calls and telling them I am filing Ch. 13 BK, keeps calling almost daily. I am planning on filing early March. They have my lawyers information. I just spoke to them Wed/Thurs of this past week. They sent me an email Friday in which I responded and again gave my lawyers information. Guess what, today they called all my relatives in various states looking for me! Saying they have not been able to reach me! I had hoped to keep this personal and not have my family know about it. Thanks to the jerks at the CU, no such luck!
    i thought i was illegal for them to call family and friends

Comment

(Please do not revive these old threads. Please start a new topic. I have moved this to a new thread since the thread, from 2010, was way too old.)

Collection practices can vary by State based on State collection and unfair and deceptive collection practices laws. Skip tracing, though, is legal. It used to be difficult, but social media can make the job so much easier. People willingly use things like Facebook and publicly list their friends, relatives, and even where they work.

Bottom line is that they can call your friends, family, and work. They just can't tell them the specific reason. They usually just say "calling about a personal business matter." You can tell them not to call your job. From what I understand, skip tracers and collectors can't harass your friends of family but can ask them if they have your contact information or how to reach you specifically.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X