top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the rich make themselves judgment proof!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting comment about the ability to open an account at a Canadian bank. I might just do that so no garnishment or freeze can take my funds (before I file BK)

Comment

There is still the issue of fraudulent conveyance. If you literally open the account with the intent to hinder, delary, or defraud your creditors, you can still have huge problems. FYI.

Comment

Ah, but proving a person's intent at the time they opened such an account would be nearly impossible. And how would the creditor ever even know in the first place? They simply don't have the resources to pour over every minute detail for every charged off debtor trying to find such a thing.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
          Ah, but proving a person's intent at the time they opened such an account would be nearly impossible. And how would the creditor ever even know in the first place? They simply don't have the resources to pour over every minute detail for every charged off debtor trying to find such a thing.
          What a scoundrel!
          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
            In the bankruptcy context, it would be more easily discoverable, so in that arena, having a Canadian bank account could create fraudulent conveyance issues.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X