Question about when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about when...

I am current on my payments and they won't be 30 days late for another month IF I can't do it again for a month. I know I can't pay Amex already for next month ( I work on commissions and it was a bad month!! )
    anyway, the payment is due on the 12th of August ( 2 weeks )
    Has anyone had any experience with them? Will they work on a payment plan with you if it's the kind of card that has to be paid off in full each month? I'm going to college and had to pay for books and other expenses this month ( doesn't matter the reason, however )
    Anyway, when do they start harrassing ?
    I live with my sister but I have never had her phone listed on my records but with the address, I think they will still call. My cell is my primary number.
    I'm so nervous. I'm not filing til November because I'm getting a quarterly bonus and that's when I can afford the attorney. Thank you in advance!

CityGirl, you win the award for most posts this week. Amex could start calling within a week of being late...that was my experience anyway. So far no cc company has taken it to the "next" level and I'm well over 60 days on a lot of cards...I'm still considering, not too seriously, trying to negotiate with them when I hit 90 days in lieu of filing. Discover has been the most annoying so far with a bunch of "outsourced Indian" calls clogging up our voicemail. It will be interesting to see if I can get anywhere with the cc companies on debt negotiation...I will probably still have to file since I am sure that at least one will balk at the idea. I am getting calls from Amex, MBNA/BOA, Discover, Citi, Target, Wells Fargo, a few hospitals, and I think that is it...very annoying. Fortunately, my wife grew up in a family where they actually had all of their assets, including cash, frozen so she's not too upset. I have yet to actually answer a call...taking the ignore approach for now. I am willing to file 13 (cuz I have to) and I will try to use that as leverage when I begin to actually talk to them about lowering the principal and interest rate and extending the payback period. Not too optimistic, but ya never know.
    Lefty
    Filed Ch 7 - January 29th, 2008
    341 - February 29th, 2008
    Discharge - June 20th, 2008
    Closed - October, 2008

Comment

BTW, they will call and call. That is, for the most part, all they can do. Just picture some doofus stuck in a cubicle all day/night reading a computer monitor into your voicemail...that's what's going on. Not much to be nervous about, right?
      Good luck.
      Lefty
      Filed Ch 7 - January 29th, 2008
      341 - February 29th, 2008
      Discharge - June 20th, 2008
      Closed - October, 2008

Comment

I basically didn't answer most calls for over a year. It took them about a year to actually serve me a summons . Now some cards like AMEX move faster. Mine were all Visa and MC.

Good luck

PS: Let the answering machine pick em up or voice mail.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

be careful about waiting until your bonus for filing. your timing should be so that your 6 months income prior to filing is the lowest possible.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
            be careful about waiting until your bonus for filing. your timing should be so that your 6 months income prior to filing is the lowest possible.
            Cindy, I'm not worried about that. I dont care if it's a 13 or a 7. Either is fine with me. I just want to start paying them back through the 13 or try to get rid of it through 7. If i have to go 13, fine, I owe the money, I should pay.
            It'll make me tight but teach me a lesson.
            I owe amex 6700. It's not a revolving card. You're supposed to pay it off each month. This is where I'm screwed with them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X