Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people do not do settlements unless its for small amounts..... and then they have their own funds to waste it on, they are not using someone elses life savings.....

A employer may or may not ask you if your filed bankruptcy.... if they do tell them why you did....... most aren't really concerned about it unless your employed in the "financial field".

Now for more information - if the settlements involve student loans - you can't discharge them in bankruptcy anyways......

If its personal loans, credit card debt, etc...... all of these can be discharged in bankruptcy.....
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertykb View Post
      Thought about filing for bankruptcy but it will make it very hard for me to find a job. If settlements/discharges are as bad as bk why do people do them?
      Qwertykb, I'm from the midwest so I can say this.....you've already plowed this row. Time to move to the next.

You've gotten our advice. It isn't going to change. Get a job, any job, and quit sucking your mom dry. Worrying about a job in the future if you file when you have no job now makes no sense. If you decide not to get a job, then let the creditors have at you. You're asset-free - they have nothing to get from you.

Whichever way you go, you aren't going to get any different advice than this. This thread has run its course and I'm closing it.
      Last edited by lrprn; 08-20-2007, 12:35 PM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget