No announcement yet.

Creditor Harassment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could also go and file a motion to sue them as well. I believe that it's $1000 for each violation, and the second they received that notification, I bet they'd stop calling immediately.
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

In most states, it doesn't matter that some contract states, "this transaction has been made in such-and-such a state." In Oregon, no one can sign any of their state's rights away. I don't know about other states. If the application stated your address, then the creditor clearly knew where you were located. I heard this from a couple of companies, but I read the statutues and reported their activity to the attorney general's office. I've never heard from them since. PD loan companies have been a bit slow coming up to speed on state laws.

Comment

Sorry I havent wrote back in a while, its been a crazy week. Well this guy has continued to call this week and is still calling my husbands work although he informed him he can not recieve these phone calls at work. My husbands supervisor even answered the phone and this guy asked for my husband commander's number and he would give it to him, he gave him the first seargents number, because his supervisor is only his supervisor at work .The First Seargent talked to my husband and my husband explained whats going on, how we are going to file bankruptcy and most of are creditors are complying and just telling us to call them when we file or retain a lawyer. He is the only one calling everyone, his first seargent didnt give him the commanders number, he told him the commader has other things to deal with besides people bils. Thats not his job, so he called the cell phone today and left a message for us to call back ,i called back and gave him a good piece of my mind. He told me the phone call was being recorded and i laughed because i said nothing that would make any difference if someone else heard it, now i did cuss alot, but did not threten him anyway. I asked him what he wanted, why he is still calling and are plans are to retain the lawyer next week and from then on are lawyer will be contacting him. He doesnt want to hear anything about the bankruptcy and actually is not even trying to work out a payment plan, he wants 800.00 right now. Pretty crazy. We are going to get this letter out but he says he is in Dallas,TX but for some reason online in says NM. Im wondering where to send this letter. He wont give us his address and everytime i inform him by phone he is harrassing us and in violation of the FDCPA he hangs up. Im assuming he gets scared when he hears that. Also would we address this letter to him ,he is in charge on collections there, or do we just address it to Fastbucks? Im afraid this will be a company who tries to object when we file Ch. 7.
        Hoping to file Ch. 7 soon....

Comment

STOP WASTING YOUR BREATHE ON THIS GUY! immeditately hang up on him! They won't file objections. He is a nobody collector!
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

he's like the bully at school. He only picks on those that tolerate and play along. Like Cindy says hang up, you don't have to talk to him at all.
            Filed Pro Se 9/10/07
            341 Complete 10/16/07
            Discharged 1/23/08

Comment

Holy Moly! This guy sounds like a fruitcake; I'd send the letter certified mail. Your husband is in the military serving our country and this wacko wants to talk to his superior officer? Why does he think that your husband's supervisor would care? I'm sure he's not the only person in the military to have some money trouble. You need to get a tape recording device for your phone right away. This guy sounds like he's committed enough violations already to pay for your attorney and BK costs.

I get tons of collection calls each day, but so far they are all with the original creditors so they have been relatively civil. I would lose my mind if someone like this guy called!

Comment

Thank You so much, this is a wacko and i know i shouldnt waste my time on him, but i know if we dont answer are phone he starts calling relatives. He called my mother in law last weekend because he couldnt get a hold of us. Its ridicilous. And Im almost 7 months pregnant so i really shouldnt be stressing like this, its just so hard when this guy is clearly breakign the law, but are plans are to get this letter in the mail certified...we should have done that by now but with my hubby working 2 jobs right and son in school all day, things are just crazy. We are also going to get a phone with a answering machine that records. Right now we have call notes ,where we get voicemail but through are phone company. Im just hoping this company doesnt try to sue us in the process of giving the lawyer payments, because we really dont think we will file until January, especially since im due in December. But im keep telling myself they would have already done it by now, he told me two weeks ago he was gonna let the legal department know, yet hes still calling. I think hes all talk too and just trying to get some money from us before we file. There are lots of guys in the military who have money problems, even my hubbys supervisor is thinking about filing for bankruptcy, i guess since my husband told him we were doing it, he felt comfortable letting him know they might do that too. Commanders jobs are not to deal with bills, the only bills/money they care about is if we were to owe money to the Airforce in anyway. I sorta want him to contact the commander just so the commander will let him know they dont deal with that lol
                Thanks so much to everyone again though
                Hoping to file Ch. 7 soon....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X