Why would anyone be so stupid.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would anyone be so stupid.....

I had three collectors call me today and I advised them that I can no longer pay and that I have hired an attorney. They should direct their calls to him. They were nice, but they all asked me if i would like to add my work and cell phone number to their records. Now I am no genius but why the he$# would i want my work and cell phone ringing non stop like my home phone currently is. By the time the third one asked me that I had to hold back a laugh as i politely told her No Thanks
    pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
    filed ch7 6-12
    341 7-25
    Discharged and closed 9-24

They asked that because there are people who don't know any better and would give them additional numbers to call. Personally, I would give them BR-549 or 867-5309. Either of these will get me 24-7. LOL
    Last edited by Granny; 12-23-2007, 07:13 AM.
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by pa308 View Post
      I had three collectors call me today and I advised them that I can no longer pay and that I have hired an attorney. They should direct their calls to him. They were nice, but they all asked me if i would like to add my work and cell phone number to their records. Now I am no genius but why the he$# would i want my work and cell phone ringing non stop like my home phone currently is. By the time the third one asked me that I had to hold back a laugh as i politely told her No Thanks
      Good going! Not everyone is home with lights on so there are many that feel bad about the situation (not being able to pay) and will provide that information. You can do what I have done and still do when asked at the check out counter when making a purchase in a department store or maybe any store mall when asked for your phone number. It has nothing to do with your credit card or debit purchase (they even ask for it if you pay cash) and those numbers are sold by the company on lists. Make up the number. I still can't believe it at check out counters when people give their phone numbers when asked for them in today's age of identity theft and privacy invasion.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I always make up something on the spot
        Filed 9/5/07
        341 10/4/2007
        Last Day for Objections 12/3/2007
        DISCHARGED 12/4/2007

Comment

It's all a numbers game to these collectors. Out of X number of people saying they're going to file, only so many will follow through. Out of X number of people that don't file, X number will willingly give their contact info. Out of X number of people that give their contact info, X will be contacted in the future. Out of X number that are contacted, X number will make a payment. People are not stupid. But, there's alot that are ignorant, by no fault of their own, to what's going on around them. Sadly, those are the folks that pay a collectors wages.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X