*GULP* I may end up working for Citi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*GULP* I may end up working for Citi...

Citi......one of the CC's I owe 9k. A staffing agency may send me there for a temp assignment but I hope Citi won't give me any lip about my debt with them! Or at least deny me employment there. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah, I decided to move back to Tampa, FL with my mother. It's so much easier looking for jobs here. I've only been here less than 2 weeks and already have something coming along.

Are you late with payments? I did contract work back in the late 90's onsite at a large bank location and in order for contractors to work there, we were subjected to fingerprinting, a full credit run down and background check. Prior to the credit check, we were given a form to list all our debts and the amount owed. From that they checked our listing against our credit reports. At that time for me our credit was excellent as this was several years before my husband lost his job in early 2001. Also, as to potential hires at this bank and also for summer interns, it was well known that if you had bad credit or a BK on your record, they would not hire you. I was right there when they turned down a summer intern due to late payments listed on her credit report.

While I am not saying this will apply to you, this all took place within the last 10 years so I am assuming things may have become stricter in some areas now due to the increase in fraud and identity theft.

You may want to investigate before hand if they will run a credit check on you since you are just temporary - I am assuming they will since finances are involved.

Best of luck to you...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Yikes, JayJay I don't know --- since you're going through a temp I'm not sure but working in the financial industry most of my working life, I can tell you that they will run a credit check, most likely. I just don't know if they'd actaully confront you with debt you owe them and attempt to take money from your pay, or anything..
      "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
      6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
      8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
      9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

LOL, well then I will have to hold my breath and see. Yeah, I am 6 months default with Macy's / Citi.

I'm always prepared to be denied to work there though and the lady that helped me at the agency says she has another spot for me in case Citi doesn't work out.

But I do feel a lot more comfortable back in Tampa, FL. Much easier to find a job here.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X