Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, BofA won't let me delete my checking account info

I HATE BANK OF AMERICA!

I went into my account today to print off all of my available statements. My payment is one day late. I have never paid late before. I had a notice that my interest rate is now 24.9 percent. Like that helps things.

But I am pissed that they won't let me delete my checking account info. I need to give them a new one before they will. I tried a fake number, that won't work.

I have plans to close that acount anyway since I have opened a new one. Guess I will be closing it sooner!
    Once you lose everything you're free to do anything.
    Filed 10/06/2009
    341 11/12/2009
    Discharged 1/15/2010

One day late?? Your kidding. Wow they must be so desperate. I'd call them tomorrow and talk to them..Only one day I think they should be understanding enough...BTW I hate BofA with a passion...

Comment

When you file this will all go away. Don't waste your energy on this. And don't give them any information on any other checking accounts you may have.
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
      341 July 1, 2008
      Discharged September 4, 2008
      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

I decided to stop paying my cc's, so I don't care what rates and fees they charge. They can pound sand. I'm just amazed.
        Filed 10/06/2009
        341 11/12/2009
        Discharged 1/15/2010

Comment

Originally posted by limage View Post
          I HATE BANK OF AMERICA!

I went into my account today to print off all of my available statements. My payment is one day late. I have never paid late before. I had a notice that my interest rate is now 24.9 percent. Like that helps things.

But I am pissed that they won't let me delete my checking account info. I need to give them a new one before they will. I tried a fake number, that won't work.

I have plans to close that acount anyway since I have opened a new one. Guess I will be closing it sooner!
          Maybe it was more than a year ago when I posted how I dealt with this situation. The companies that wouldn't let me delete information got me frustrated so I used a database I found on the internet to look up each banks Routing and Transit Number. If they wouldn't let me delete my information, I entered thier own routing number with my account number. Even if the numbers worked, they would end up debiting a payment from themselves. Never had a single problem after that!
          Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
            Maybe it was more than a year ago when I posted how I dealt with this situation. The companies that wouldn't let me delete information got me frustrated so I used a database I found on the internet to look up each banks Routing and Transit Number. If they wouldn't let me delete my information, I entered thier own routing number with my account number. Even if the numbers worked, they would end up debiting a payment from themselves. Never had a single problem after that!
            NOW THAT'S FUNNY...POM!

ep
            California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Last month I tried to delete my bank info and it would not let me unless I put in another bank acct. for them to use and then that acct. had to be confirmed and by confirmed they made two small deposits into my checking acct. and then withdrew the amounts then they made me verify the amounts and the dates of the transactions before they would confirm the acct. Then I was able to delete the old bank acct. It was all very weird. I guess they caught on to people giving phony bank acct. info.

Comment

Contact your bank and tell them you no longer authorize withdrawals to be taken by that company.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                  You best option I am sorry to say is to close the account with your current bank and open a new account with a a different bank or at the very least open a new account at the same bank.

BoA is the cause of my decline a little over a year ago. They jacked my rates on two accounts to over 32.9% for no reason at all. Then said it was due to high use of available credit. Its was the straw that broke the camels back.

Anyways, if you look at one of my threads on here http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=29003 it deals with BoA a year later trying to take money from an old checking account that I did not authorize.

BEWARE: BoA will take money from an account year(s) later if they have that info or got that info at anytime.
                  Over two years after our Chapter 13 discharge, BofA insists we filed a Chapter 7 and not a 13 and we have been fighting for 6 months to get that changed on our credit reports. Although we have sent copies of all filing information showing them included in a Chapter 13, either they just don't get it or they have incompetent people entering the information reported to the CRAs, or it is done to reage the account past the 7 year mark. You have to watch BofA.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I wouldn't waste time trying to talk to BOA, it's like talking to the wall. You tell one person one thing and the next day you'll get someone else calling on the exact same thing. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Bank of opportunity. Theirs.
                      Filed 10/06/2009
                      341 11/12/2009
                      Discharged 1/15/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X